Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buy this, get discount on those (revisited)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy this, get discount on those (revisited)

Hi gurus

I'm having discounting troubles.

I created two product groups. One contains my trigger item (Trigger Group), the second contains all the reward items (Reward Group) that the customer will get a 10% discount on for buying the trigger item. I want them to get the discount for every item ordered from that group.

In Cart Contents, I have:

-Properties-
    Enabled: ticked
    Value excluding tax: .01
    Group: Trigger Group.

-Rewards-
    Reward Type: % off extra product
    Reward Amount: 10
    Group: Rewards Group
    Only one reward per order is UNTICKED (it's actually greyed out, so I couldn't tick it if I wanted to).

Yet, when the trigger item is added, only the most expensive of the reward items is discounted. I want all of them to be discounted. Any clues?

P.S. I've found this thread
    and it seems I have all my settings exactly the same.
    The Patchwork Rabbit

OK, I found the answer on another website. In case anyone else ever finds this thread after searching the utterly unhelpful documentation, there is a second "Allow one Cart Contents discount per order" on the miscellaneous tab. You have to untick this as well, which also enables the checkbox on the Cart Contents tab. (This should really be more obvious in the documentation e.g. on the Rewards section, where the checkbox actually is).

Now I can't publish the website, after having checked one of the "consolidate" checkboxes and unticking this "Allow one Cart Contents discount per order" box.

Each time I try, during the check and send phase, it either crashes, or I get random "sharing violation" errors or issues with setting up payment processes. One time it was "Access to C:\......\Local\Temp\acts54" was denied. The next time it will be something completely different.

I've tried compacting several times, exitting and restarting, etc. If I reset the boxes and restart actinic it works, but I cannot publish with:

"consolidate discounts for % off extra product" ticked
    and
    "Allow one Cart Contents discount per order" unticked.
    The Patchwork Rabbit

Comment

I was temporarily able to publish by switching off all of the "Allow one discount per order" checkboxes, but then I was getting a discount message (Get 10% off "reward items" by adding 1 to cart) which is an utterly pointless message, so I tried to switch it off and now I can't publish again.
      The Patchwork Rabbit

Comment

The only response I get from Actinic support is "Windows 7 isn't supported for Version 9".

So, in case anyone is searching the forum to see if Actinic V9 will work with Windows 7, the chances are, it won't.
        The Patchwork Rabbit

Comment

Sounds like Support are passing the buck. I've got many V9 sites running happily on Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Same here, V9 has less problems than V11 on my W7 machine.

Comment

Cart Content Reward

Hi I am trying to set up a buy this and get this free offer and have folowed the help in Actinic and also read the threads here but have been unable to achieve what I need. I assigned the 'buy this' products to a group and also set up a separate group for the 'get this free' product. In the discounts settings I have tried setting the properties trigger to both a value (0.01) and a quantity (1) and in the rewards have set this to be % off product and tried selecting both product and group. Initially I was unable to get the 'get this free' item to add to the order but subsequnetly managed to achieve this but only for the whole order to receive 100% discount, not just the item I want to offer free. If anyone knows how how to achieve this I would appreciate your help.

Comment

Working...
              X