Error detected by database DLL.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error detected by database DLL.

I am receiving this error when opening the stock level reports.

the Crystal Reports window appears for a split second and is then replaced with a messagebox reading.

"Error detected by database DLL"

Does anyone have any solutions to this problem?

Running 16.0.1
    www.flytesofancy.co.uk, www.electricfencingkits.co.uk, www.dorsetlogstores.co.uk, www.framebow.co.uk

Have you tried compacting the database?
    Is this a standard stock level report or has it been modified?

Comment

They are the standard reports and yes i have compacted the database.

when doing a trace in SQL Server i get the following line when it falls over.

SELECT Product."Product Reference", Product."bSuppressHtml", Product."bStockEnabled", Product."nStockOnHand", Product."nStockWarn", Product."nStockSuspend", Product."nProductType", Product."Short description", Product."sStockAisle", Product."sStockRack", Product."sStockSubRack", Product."sStockBin", Catalog_section."bHideOnWebSite", Catalog_section."bParentIsHiddenOnWebSite", ProductProperties."nType", ProductProperties."nPropertyID", ProductProperties."sStatus", ProductProperties."nValue3", ProductProperties."bFlag3", ProductProperties."sReportDescription", ProductProperties."sString2" FROM { oj ("Product" Product LEFT OUTER JOIN "ProductProperties" ProductProperties ON Product."Product Reference" = ProductProperties."sProductRef") LEFT OUTER JOIN "Catalog section" Catalog_section ON Product."nParentSectionID" = Catalog_section."nSectionID"} WHERE (Product."bStockEnabled" = 1 AND (Product."nStockWarn" = 0 AND Product."nStockOnHand" < 5 OR Product."nStockWarn" <> 0) OR Product."nProductType" = 0 AND ProductProperties."nType" = 8 AND ProductProperties."bFlag3" = 1 AND (ProductProperties."nValue3" < 5 OR Product."nStockWarn" <> 0)) ORDER BY Product.`Product Reference` ASC, ProductProperties.`nPropertyID` ASC, Product.`Product sequence` ASC, ProductProperties.`nSequence` ASC

When i try to execute this i get the following message.

Msg 102, Level 15, State 1, Line 1
      Incorrect syntax near '`'.
      www.flytesofancy.co.uk, www.electricfencingkits.co.uk, www.dorsetlogstores.co.uk, www.framebow.co.uk

Comment

Hi Gareth,

That SQL looks fine. You get the error because you have " as a delimiter when you need [] when you run it in access itself.

That error is displayed by Crystal reports whenever anything goes wrong - it is a generic error, even though it says there is an error in the database DLL, it isn't usually related.to the database.

Sometimes the reports can become corrupt - so I would recommend getting a fresh copy of the report. It can also be related to database errors so would recommend compacting and repairing your database.

Kind regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks for that Jan,

I have tried compacting the database in sql server manager as well as running a repair on the DB but nothing seems to have resolved this?

Any other ideas?

Is there a way to re-import the reports?

Comment

Hi Gareth,

You can just copy a fresh version of the report into the site directory for your site to refresh the report. If that doesn't work I would recommend contacting Sellerdeck support.

Kind regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

i have tried importing the report from a default site and it has not resolved the issue. very frustrating.

It only seems to be the stock related reports as others are functioning fine.

Contacting SD Support is not an option due to us no longer having a support contract.

Comment

That's a shame, there used to be an option to get email support if you don't have cover but that has been discontinued (only just found this out).

I can't suggest anything else unfortunately, it is a problem that needs to be looked at in depth - might be a database issue or something else.

You might need to take out cover to get some support.

Regards,

Comment

Hi I am also getting this Error detected by database DLL when running stock reports.

Was a solution ever found ?

Comment

Working...
                  X