Filter options missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filter options missing

We have had a long running issue with some of our filter options missing from time to time.

I haven't quite figured out but almost daily some brands are missing from our filters, amongst others the brands affected are Anon, Volkl and Picture.

Example page would be here:

http://www.sailandski.co.uk/acatalog/Ski_s-p1.html

The way to fix the issue is to do a database compact and re publish. The difficulty is that we often do multiple publishes in a day and it isn't possible to do a database compact before every publish as we have multiple users always working.

Sellerdeck support have looked into this and can't replicate the issue or see what is causing it (although they can see that options are often missing).

Can anyone shed any light on how we might go about fixing the issue?

I was considering changing the brand variable from text to list of choices just to see if this helped. However that is one hell of a job considering the number of brands we stock.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm seeing something like this on a test site with V16 but haven't been able to track it down yet.

When comparing the products that were / weren't appearing by brand I did see that some of them, maybe only one, (using hidden products for components) didn't have the 'Exclude from Google Product Search data Feed' ticked for the main product.

Oddly, ticking that box and doing a publish to web brought all my brands back into filter.

I've tried to replicate the problem without any success. Even removing the tick from that box isn't making the brands disappear again.

So it is an odd one.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Ok, so I'm pretty sure I've figured out what is causing the issue.

We have a hidden section that has all our products colour variants, e.g we will have a Salomon Icetown Jacket product with a permutation for the 4 colour and 8 size options, we then have a hidden product for each colour option that have an identical URL to the product with the permutation. When we want to upload a new google data feed we unhide the hidden section and publish, it will kick up an error but if you leave it be it will publish what is needed for the feed to be accepted and the hidden products will be in the shopping feed. The URL takes you to the product with all colour options on.

However, when we do the 'hidden' publish it seems to bugger up the filters for some brands. I guess this isn't something sellerdeck need to fix as it is a a bit of a hack but it would be nice if barcodes that were put into permutations would be accepted into the data feed as they are meant to be!

Any update on whether this is being fixed?

Comment

Hi Ben

Any update on whether this is being fixed?
        It was fixed in v16.0.2, ticket ref SD-6377
        Bruce Townsend
        Ecommerce Product Manager
        Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by brucet View Post
          Hi Ben

It was fixed in v16.0.2, ticket ref SD-6377
          Oh excellent! I will get upgrading then!

Comment

I presume this refers to the use of barcodes for permutations, etc.

i.e. from 16.0.2 release notes:

Added new variables for Barcode at Component and Permutation level, SD-6377
            It would be good to get to the bottom of why the google feed settings are messing up the brands in filtering.

At the moment I'm not seeing it, but it was there and the relationship seems to be there so I'm not confident it isn't going to return again.

This is using 16.0.2.

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Working...
            X