SellerDeck 2016 (v16.0.3) Install Issues - Slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SellerDeck 2016 (v16.0.3) Install Issues - Slow

Has anyone else had any SellerDeck 2016 (v16.0.3) Install Issues?

I had 16.0.2 quite happily coexisting on my machines with 64bit office 2010 but 16.0.3 wasn't having any of it.

I have thus taken the opportunity to upgrade to a more recent office but 32bit this time having uninstalled all the x64 stuff.

The 16.0.3 installer runs but is gut crunchingly slow, and on both desktops and both laptops, so it is not likely to be a local machine issue. Such a painfully slow install is only going to put more people off the desktop application (... pause for thought...)

Has anyone else experienced these issues or is it just me?

Thanks

Jonathan
    Jonathan Chappell
    Website Designer
    SellerDeck Website Designer
    Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
    Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

Hi Jonathan. I discussed this with one of our technical team. Probably what was taking the time was the uninstallation of v16.0.2, which is done automatically prior to installing v16.0.3.

Did you happen to notice whether the 16.0.3 install indicated that it was installing any pre-requisites, in particular the Access runtime? It''s quite likely your original installation was using the Access 2007 runtime, which is no longer supported. There's a way of retaining it, but what you've done is a better solution in the long run.
    Bruce Townsend
    Ecommerce Product Manager
    Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

If you read my post you will see I had to uninstall my 64 bit Office and x64 associated files and install 32 bit for SD to even consider installing. Once the 32 bit was installed the SD install went ahead. The install screen flicked through the prerequisite page pretty quick so I assume the office (pro plus) install had all SD needed. Therefore, no, it was not the prerequisites slowing it down.

As a developer I do have a great many sites (scores +) on each machine so that might be an issue
      Jonathan Chappell
      Website Designer

Comment

Hi Jonathan, yes, uninstalling Office x64 and installing x32 is the thing you did that's better than the alternative hack... ;-)
        Bruce Townsend

Comment

So what does that mean for me one of the non tech people using 16.0.2 should i try and upgrade and all work well or should i wait, i have 16.02 on a 32 bit machine as Administrator but all the satellites are on 64 bit??

Bit scared now to be honest think i will live with 16.0.2 for a while longer
          Chris Ashdown

Comment

Hi Chris

It is OK using 64 bit Windows, it is just the Access that needs to be 32 bit.

All my PCs/laptops are 64bit windows, but Office (ProPlus) needs to be 32bit.

PS I would go for it, 1603 seems sweet so far!
            Jonathan Chappell
            Website Designer

Comment

So, I'm also having install issues. It has been stuck at 'preparing backup operation' for about half an hour now. (the bar is full indicating 100% done)

It has uninstalled 16.01 (that I was upgrading from), at what point do I start to become concerned?

This is my second attempt, same thing happened before.

Comment

I don't know TBH, that's not something I've come across. I would wait a bit longer, then cancel and retry, and contact Support if it still fails.
                Bruce Townsend

Comment

You have to look for anything related to Office 64 bit. I had to completely uninstall a 64bit MS Office and all its trimmings and install the 32bit version.

Why on earth have they made it so difficult to install? How is that going to help uptake? Or perhaps that is the plan....
                  Jonathan Chappell
                  Website Designer

Comment

Unfortunately recent versions of Office 64 won't allow certain components of Office 32 to be installed alongside them. As a 32-bit application, Sellerdeck requires a 32-bit Access runtime, which is regarded as an Office component. The restriction only seems to apply in certain directions and combinations; eg if Office x64 2010 is installed then you cannot install Access x86 2013. However if Office x64 2016 is installed then you can install Access x86 2013. So the Sellerdeck installer tries to get around the limitation if it can. But it's not always possible.
                    Bruce Townsend

Comment

Installing 16.03 took three attempts for me.

Didn't mess about with any Access or other Office settings so I am guessing they were all in order.

However, the final, successful attempted install still took a ridiculous 55 minutes.

Luckily I did this over the weekend otherwise there would have been hell to pay.

Such a rubbish UX all round.
                      Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

I had no problem

I have just upgraded from 16.0.2 to 16.03, 8 websites, with no problem at all. Was quick, but not quite as quick as 16.0.1 to 16.02.

Sarah

Comment

Working...
                        X