Barcodes in permuations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barcodes in permuations

We recently upgraded to 16.03 as one of the stand out features for us was that barcodes could be put into permutations would now work correctly when uploading a google data feed.

Has anyone actually got this working? I've put barcodes into permutations and they are not uploaded to the XML feed. Having looked at the XML layout I really can't see how this would work. Unless each line of a permutation creates a new product there is no way it will work. I've contacted support and they are looking into this but I haven't heard anything in a few days which doesn't fill me with confidence.

Any help would be appreciated, seems absolutely ridiculous to me that if this is still not a feature that works.

I can imagine the barcode permutations would just create brand new listings in the data feed (and therefore new products in Google Merchant Centre).

Google Product Data specification (as far as I know) doesn't specifically cater to configurable products, so you can either create one record for the base product or records for all the variants you stock. A bunch of data feed entries can be bundled together using the 'item_group_id' parameter, which is probably what SellerDeck does.

Google does specify that the landing page price must match the product price in the Google Data feed. I'm sure it's mostly overlooked, but as far as I know, SellerDeck doesn't have a method of having options pre-selected on page-load. I'm sure this is a nice feature that could be built in.

Comment

Just to shed some light on this all, this is not a feature that works (despite being told on two separate versions it would). It is due to be working in V18.

Comment

Working...
      X