Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Displaying the Price Breaks of Associated Products

Afternoon all.

Here's a poser I've been unable to solve thus far, so I wonder if anyone else can help. I fear it may just not be possible as I've searched high and low and can find no answer. The problem is this:

I'd like to be able to show the quantity based pricing structure (the price breaks) of hidden associated products on the the product page of the main product.

I have 'Associated Product' set as the price under the Main product's Permuations and can show the associated product's first price (e.g.: for '4 or less' - shown in the General tab > Price field) but not all the price breaks under the Pricing tab. I'm reasonably confident that the price breaks actually work, I just can't show them on the product page (which, after all, is really the main point of having them - to encourage larger orders).

I can't, unfortunately, use the main (visible) product to populate the price breaks as pricing is different from associated product to associated product.

This does seem like something that should be obvious and easy to achieve so hopefully I'm just a complete numpty and someone will point that out to me. This is one occasion where I'd really like to be an idiot.

Cheers.

Angi
    OXLink Web Design (Oxford)
    Actinic developers since version 3
    01865 361696

I had a thought...

I've been testing various ideas on this and have tried generating the price lists for hidden products but this doesn't seem to to work (it does for anything other (hidden) than price lists though - also bought lists; product images etc).

Any reason why it wouldn't work on hidden price lists?

Actinic, can you help with this issue? It's a very big problem.

Ta.

Angi
    01865 361696

Comment

Hi,

I'm sorry but I don't think that this can be done. The main product can only display the price breaks for itself and not associated products. There are no variables for the associated products price breaks, only the main price of the product. I will add it to the wishlist for you.
      Tracey
      SellerDeck

Comment

What about this

Hi Tracey,

Thanks for your reply.

As the associated product price breaks actually work though when you add things to the cart, is there anywhere that I can pull this data from? It must be uploading it, so how do I get at it?

Cheers.

Angi
        01865 361696

Comment

Hi,

It's done through the perl scripts, and as I mentioned there are no variables to bring in that information. That's what I've requested on the wishlist.
          Tracey
          SellerDeck

Comment

Solution?

Hi, is there any solution to this problem?

Comment

Working...
            X