Keeps upgrading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keeps upgrading

I upgraded to 16.0.1 a few months ago, upgrading all of my 8 sites (multi-site). Randomly, with two of the sites, when I activate the site it runs the applying upgrade routine. This itself is a bit of a pain, causing a bit of a delay, but worse than that is that it over-writes the smtp port number in Actinic.pm and testsettings, putting it back to the original, causing emails not to send from that site. I have tried website refresh to no avail. Any ideas about how to stop the groundhog day upgrading of the sites?

Sarah

April 2017

Sellerdeck support suggested that I tried backing up and then running Access compact and repair. However, I was loathe to do this as when I had done so previously it completely b******* up. I had to create a new site with a new name, bring in a snapshot, then re-do all my entries on the Link software because of the change of site name in Sellerdeck.

When I upgraded from 16.0.1 to 16.02 the problem (see August 2016 post) went away.

A few days ago I upgraded from 16.0.2 to 16.03 and the problem is back with a vengeance. When switching sites in Sellerdeck it randomly re-upgrades, causing me to have to change back the smtp ports on two pages and to re-enter the capitalisation code each time (several times a day). It happens randomly on 4 of the sites, with the other 4 sites no problem.

Any solution other than Access compact and repair would be very welcome.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by saucysal View Post
      Sellerdeck support suggested that I tried backing up and then running Access compact and repair. However, I was loathe to do this as when I had done so previously it completely b******* up. I had to create a new site with a new name, bring in a snapshot, then re-do all my entries on the Link software because of the change of site name in Sellerdeck.

When I upgraded from 16.0.1 to 16.02 the problem (see August 2016 post) went away.

A few days ago I upgraded from 16.0.2 to 16.03 and the problem is back with a vengeance. When switching sites in Sellerdeck it randomly re-upgrades, causing me to have to change back the smtp ports on two pages and to re-enter the capitalisation code each time (several times a day). It happens randomly on 4 of the sites, with the other 4 sites no problem.

Any solution other than Access compact and repair would be very welcome.

Thanks.
      Perhaps make a copy of ActinicCatalog.mdb & SimpleShipping.mdb, then try the compact and repair?

Worst case you can just revert to these.

It's an odd error. We have 3 sites on 16.0.2, nothing like this has happened to us.
      Matt. M - SMR Enterprises Ltd.

Comment

Only happens with 16.0.3

Thank you Matt for trying to help. The problem never arose with our sites with 16.0.2. It happened a few times with 16.0.1, but we now have the problem back but worse with 16.0.3.

Sarah

Comment

Sorted

I appear to have eliminated the problem (I'm not superstitious, touch wood), by re-downloading and installing SD 16.0.3 on the order processing pc. Odd.

Sarah

Comment

Working...
          X