'Up a level' going to Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Up a level' going to Home

Sorry that's probably not a very useful subject line. My site has 'Home', which has a couple of varying brochure fragments and pages and then 'Store'. In page settings for 'Home' I have checked 'Use as Website Home Page' and this turns up as /index.html.

The root of the store is /acatalog/index.html. If I start at Home and go to a section, then click ' up a level' on the navigation bar I'm taken to /acatalog/index.html but I want to be taken to /index.html. I don't care for /acatalog/index.html and in any case I feel it's inconsistent.

I am trying to find a place where I can affect this. Can anyone give me a hint? I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense. Try going to my website, check the home page, then choose a section from the sidebar. When you click 'up a level' you are taken to a different home page than the one you started at.

Best
    Justin
    -
    Justin Hill (Half-to-three-quarters-baked Mac expert, laptop evangelist and vintage Hammond enthusiast)
    http://www.cka-net.com

I know exactly what you mean I wish to achieve this also but cant seem to be able to do it in a nice way at the moment. Ive only been able to achieve it with redirects.

Originally posted by justinhill View Post
    Sorry that's probably not a very useful subject line. My site has 'Home', which has a couple of varying brochure fragments and pages and then 'Store'. In page settings for 'Home' I have checked 'Use as Website Home Page' and this turns up as /index.html.

The root of the store is /acatalog/index.html. If I start at Home and go to a section, then click ' up a level' on the navigation bar I'm taken to /acatalog/index.html but I want to be taken to /index.html. I don't care for /acatalog/index.html and in any case I feel it's inconsistent.

I am trying to find a place where I can affect this. Can anyone give me a hint? I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense. Try going to my website, check the home page, then choose a section from the sidebar. When you click 'up a level' you are taken to a different home page than the one you started at.

Best
    Justin

Comment

You can do this by using a variable and conditions.

Which simply will be a yes no block and then depending on the outcome will change the url location.

If you want me to take you through it I can but you will need to know a bit about conditions and variables in actinic.

Regards

James

Comment

Up a level moves you up to the next step in the hierarchy, you're confusing it with 'back' which takes you back where you came from. Try:

<a href="javascript:window.history.back();">Go Back</a>

for a genuine 'back' button.

Comment

Working...
        X