Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'This is not a vat invoice'

Hi

I have looked (honestly!) and I can't find where I can get rid of the text...'this is not a tax invoice' that appears on the customers printable receipt.

I have looked through the <Design - Text> that other users have suggested on other threads, but I can't see the text to be able to change it (unless its me ).

Is it possibly in a layout? Cos I have looked in <Design - Library - Layouts> ?? - and I don't seem able to find it there either

Plus how do I get my VAT number to show on the receipt ?

Any pointers in the right direction from anyone would be most appreciated.

Thanks

You can change this in Design Text ID2482

Comment

Thank you so much for that....l did look honestly...but obviously not hard enough !

Many thanks

Comment

Hi

I spoke too soon!

I have changed the text, but it is not having any effect, even though I have done a full 'refresh' of the website.

Correct me if I am wrong but I read that the 'This is not a tax invoice' text should ONLY appear if the 'prefered invoice format is 'ticked' for 'tax inclusive prices', but I have the format ticked for 'tax exclusive prices' which from what I have read should not then NOT show the 'This is not a tax invoice', which is what I want, but does not appear to be happening ??

Does anyone have any idea what options are possibly affecting this ?

Many thanks in advance.

Comment

Hi Jade,

Are you using a standard Actinic invoice report? If you are then that text does disappear when you are printing a tax exclusive invoice. So if your's is not disappearing then perhaps you have a custom invoice. Do you see a tax code in the invoice detail section, where the order lines are?

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi Jan

The invoice is fine from the standard invoice layout used when an order is completed from within the program.

The problem is the printable 'Receipt' that the customer is shown immediately on screen after purchasing a product, which states that 'This is not a tax invoice' on the top right.

Any thoughts on how I would change that?

Many thanks.

Comment

That page is available to select from the drop down list on the design tab, investigate there, will either be text or a variable on there I suggest. Click on the text in question, code for that area should then be shown on screen.

Comment

Earlier replies misread your initial post, you did say 'Customer's Printable Receipt', not the printed receipt.

Design | Text | Goto: Phase -1 ID 336

In the very bottom panel, right click and choose 'Zoom' - you can edit it in there. Then [OK] it and upload the site.

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

Hi Jade,

Sorry I misunderstood, take Lees advice on that one and you should be able to find it and zap it by just removing the variable from the layout.

Regards,
                  Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                  Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                  A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                  Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                  Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                  Multichannel order processing
                  Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Brownie points earnt?
                    Paul
                    Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Comment

Thank you all! - especially pfb5 (Paul)

That problem is now sorted and yes you deserve some brownie points Paul.

Thank you so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Jade View Post
                        Plus how do I get my VAT number to show on the receipt ?
                        I missed this bit, did you sort it by putting your VAT Number in there instead? If not I need to dig a bit further, because I'm sure that it can be done...... I've just got to find the code.

(Post #10 was reference my managing to trounce three professionals, but thanks anyway!)

Comment

OK found it.

In the Design Tab, use the dropdown 'Select Page Type' to find 'Receipt', Code View, then double-click 'Inner Layout' showing in dark pink.

Double-click the pink 'Receipt Company Contact Information' Layout to open the layout's contents.

Where you then see 'Company URL' in blue, hit [Enter] to create a new line. Click the blue 'V+' (or, right click then 'Add Variable') and scroll down to 'Tax1RegDescription' then click [Insert].

Immediately 'Add Variable' again and scroll down to 'Tax1RegNumber' and [Insert].

(You can of course put it somewhere else if you don't like my placement).

Should look like:

Company URL
                          Tax1RegDescription Tax1RegNumber

or in
                          Code:
                                <td valign="top">
                                   <Actinic:Variable Name="CompanyPhone"/>
                                   <Actinic:Variable Name="CompanyFax"/>
                                   <Actinic:Variable Name="CompanyEmail"/>
                                   <Actinic:Variable Name="CompanyUrl"/>

<actinic:variable name="Tax1RegDescription" /> <actinic:variable name="Tax1RegNumber" />

</td>
                          Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Comment

I feel utterly trounced .

TIP1: if you know the name of the variable, just start typing it, actinic will provide a list it matches which you can select from, it's quicker than scrolling the variable list.

TIP2: If you have text on a page and it is added by a variable (almost always from design > text), if you click on the variable, right click and select 'edit text', it will take you straight to the right place in design > text.

TIP3: Whenever you wish to alter something on a layout, always go to the layout on the design tab, that way you can see if it is a variable, in which case follow tip2, if it is text, then you can alter it there and then. Ultimately, you always want to start on the design tab as actinic has many little hidden features to enable you to move from that point to the right point in one click. CSS styles are another good example, highlight a class name, right click and 'look up in stylesheet', again actinic will take you straight to it.

Comment

Though Lee is far more knowledgable than myself, I comment:

a) Re. TIP 1: Sometimes, (often) the name of the variable, in Actinic, isn't what you expect to be! ("VAT Number" = "Tax1RegNumber", & there are many other examples).

b) Re. TIP 2: In this case the variable required is not used 'online' in a default site - the VAT Number is only used in Reports (and sometimes, possibly, Email layouts, though I couldn't find it in either).

You can't find the variable in the Design tab if it isn't used anywhere.

Secondly, the tip does not ALWAYS work with 'Edit Text' (the option is not displayed), nor does (Right click) 'Navigate to" (although it does in this case). Sometimes, just nothing happens when you do that.

Many of the Variables are not listed in Library | Variables, where you might expect to find them listed in the relevant +department - you can only find them by (right click) "Add Variable" in Design and scrolling down the list offered.

In this case for Jade, it isn't even mentioned in 'Help' - took me twenty minutes to find it.

Finally, perhaps it's me, but I have yet to find 'Lookup in Stylesheet' doing anything at all. You may have seen other comments I make on here - depending on your level of experience (six years as an amateur), this software is not necessarily intuitively user-friendly. Obviously I should have started earlier and worked my way up, instead of jumping in at V7 !!!!

Paul
                              Paul

Comment

Working...
                              X