new version of sagepay (v3) coming at end of 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK - please see post #59 (Page 2)
    I can confirm (as I have just tried it) if you send an email to upgrade@sagepay.com you get an automated reply a few minutes later with an attachment you can fill out and apply for the automated extention.
    If you don't do this I am yet to be conviced that an extension will be given.
    Mike Booker
    M B Web Services
    mbws@mbwebs.co.uk
    +44 1932 340318

Comment

Just had my confirmation email from Sagepay extending the deadline 1 day before I leave the country for 3 weeks

I am glad that Sagepay seem to be on the ball, and efficient. I do hope from now on that they are leading this development of intergration and will be pressing Sellerdeck to sort it.
      Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
      Zirconium Rings
      Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Strangely enough I got an email yesterday from SD about this, and a link on what to do although I'm puzzled about this bit:

"Unfortunately, there is one feature that is not available in Sage Pay’s updated service: the new service does not include the ability to send payment confirmation emails to the merchant and buyer. Order confirmation emails from SellerDeck will be sent as normal"

I've had nothing from Sagepay although I done what I was told in the SD email and I got an auto email back from Sagepay but even that don't look promising

"Acknowledgement of email, no further action needed

Thanks for applying for an extension.
        Your email has been received by our team and will be actioned within 72 hours.
        Once your disclaimer has been verified we will apply the extension to your Sage Pay account until the 30th October 2015 and confirm back to you via email.
        If there are any problems with your disclaimer and we are unable to add the extension to your Sage Pay account our team will contact you directly with instructions.
        As you have submitted your disclaimer before the 31st July 2015 there will be no disruption to your service.
        There is no further action for you to take unless our teams advise otherwise"

Comment

IP Address of Server?

In Sellerdeck's posting today on this forum, a sticky that is closed so no replies possible, it says that we need to give SagePay the ip address of our server when upgrading to SagePay V3. What server is this? Do they mean the ip address of the website/s? If not, what server do they mean?

Sarah

Comment

Originally posted by saucysal View Post
            In Sellerdeck's posting today on this forum, a sticky that is closed so no replies possible, it says that we need to give SagePay the ip address of our server when upgrading to SagePay V3. What server is this? Do they mean the ip address of the website/s? If not, what server do they mean?

Sarah
            They are referring to the IP address of your web site.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
            SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
            Custom Packages

Comment

OK, this is probably one of gazillions of problems in upgrading to Sage Pay v3 that are going to be popping up now.

We're still on Actinic/Sellerdeck 11 so upgraded to the v11.0.6 beta, registered the site IP at Sage Pay and all seemed well. However, now I just get a script failure - os000008.pl when going through checkout. I'm afraid here's where my knowledge fails me and I'm not sure what to do next. I'm not sure if it's a problem with something I've done or with the new version of Sellerdeck.

TBH this kind of thing is why I'm moving the store over to a hosted, subscription plan but I would kind of like my old Actinic store to carry on until it's ready.
              sigpic dinkybox - super groovy toys and collectables from around the world.

Comment

The beta page says "Current Beta test releases of SellerDeck Ecommerce and EPOS. Beta software is of test quality only and should not be used on a live production site or a live EPOS system". To use older versions after 31st July 2015 you need to contact SagePay and ask for the extension which will allow use of old versions of Actinic and SellerDeck until 30th October 2015.
                Peblaco

Comment

I absolutely understand that although, as it would be impossible to use the site with Sage Pay after the 31st without the v3 integration and that was exactly what the upgraded beta version was meant to fix I sort of expected it, in this instance, to work. Silly me, I guess.

I'll get onto support.

Comment

It is possible to use SagePay after 31st without the v3 integration only if you apply to SagePay for the extension.
                    Peblaco

Comment

Thanks, I appreciate the info.

Strange that an extension isn't mentioned anywhere in official comments from either Sellerdeck or Sage Pay. All information from Sellerdeck is directed to the post that then directs you to the upgraded betas with the obvious intent that you should use them for v3 integration. So you're given the information that a solution, directed to it and then told not to use it.

Extremely poor all round, I'd say.

Comment

SellerDeck sent out an email which included a link to Sage Pay Protocol v2.23 extension – Action required with instructions, Sage Pay v3 announced the same and linked to the knowledge base article.
                        Peblaco

Comment

SellerDeck posted the new production releases available for integration with SagePay v3 see: SellerDeck for Sage Pay v3. The new patches are SellerDeck 11.0.6, 12.0.6 and 14.0.3.
                          Peblaco

Comment

I recently received an email from SD regarding the latest V14.03 that is fine with Sagepay V3, but has anyone upgraded yet and what bugs if any, have you found as I've spent months sorting out V14.02 and I just don't fancy more months of hassle especially as V14.03 is new

Plus, this comment below bothers me

"Payment confirmation emails to the buyer and merchant are no longer supported. Order confirmation emails from SellerDeck will be sent as normal"

Does this mean that every time you receive an order, you've got to log in to Sagepay or Paypal etc to see if the customer is genuine and paid?, I see that as a bit of a pain in the rear to be honest

Thanks

Comment

14.0.3 update has not seemed to affect layouts. The patch was mainly to integrate a new SagePay script. If you upgrade the main issue you want to check is that you add your server IP address to SagePay and check the hosting supports the Crypt::SSLeay Perl module see here.
                              Peblaco

Comment

Cheers Louise as always

What a nightmare this appears to be, I'm ****ing bricks here over this....I'm with UKFast and I've just asked them to confirm the Perl version for me

Registering the IP address is simple enough, but it seems that it's a one shot chance and if it goes belly up, then ....................................

Comment

Working...
                                X