Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kev67 View Post
    Hello John

Hmmm, you know what? This sounds like a customer is aborting the order payment or the bank verification has back fired

I'll be honest, I've never had this error at all - where do you see this error exactly? do you have a screen shot of this by chance?

The other thing, do these orders that fail still go through to Sage as "Cancelled by the Vendor"? so as you can see a "Cancelled by the Vendor" order?

I say this because I would get this when deferring payments from Sage, and it was down to the customer using Paypal. They'd make an order, you'd receive it and send the order out, then they'd cancel the payment via their PP account and you'd end up out of pocket

Just my experience and perhaps of no help whatsoever to you, I'm sorry that I don't have a decent answer for you
    Hi Kev,
    the error is seen in Sage Pay when you click on the transaction (in the header). I have been delving a bit more and found another transaction from the same customer which said closed due to inactivity so my assumption is he is doing it from work (used a company email address) and he is being distracted.

We don't allow PayPal and we don't defer so rules those out. I did a payment of my own and it went through fine although Sagepay did take a long time to authorise - a lot slower than previous times I have tested.

Been asked to look at bringing 3D Secure online so that should be another headache! lol

Thanks
    John.
    John
    Sheltons of Peterborough Ltd
    www.sheltonsfishing.co.uk

Comment

Closed due to inactivity:

This is because as you say, being distracted or similar when on the payment page of Sage

You or should I say the customer has 15 mins to make the payment via Sage - if not, it will cancel out, hence the error of 'Closed due to inactivity'

Many customers order online, then at the payment page, leave it, go and get a tea or beer or whatever and then press the button to make a payment and it goes through as "Aborted/cancelled by Vendor" - it's not a problem, just a pain when customers do this

I don't blame you at all for not using Paypal, I personally hate having it. In my opinion, it's the worst payment service going and one sided towards the buyer - try getting your money out of a customer who doesn't have a valid credit card or lack of funds and then try getting in contact with the customer to get your money !! - oh dear.......I've gone deaf and can't answer you ..........I hate them

bringing 3D Secure online:
      Do this, and it's not hard either, it'll strengthen your online security for customer payments although you'll get the customers who don't have this to verify their card details and will then want to pay over the phone

In my book, if you can't pay online and pass the security checks then I don't send the items out - simples :-)

Comment

Originally posted by winsbury View Post
        Ive seen similar errors if the customer data is formatted badly - a foreign character or comma in the email address or a negative price for example, this should not get through basic error checking but there are bugs a plenty in these scripts, coded by cowboys I reckon.
        Totally agree on this one and some.......here, here !!

Comment

Working...
        X