External links problem - unable to update External Data in v16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not broken. It is working. For me.
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

What?? Have you actually tried linking it?

You haven't mapped any fields.
      Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Mine does what yours does until you actually map some fields and click OK!

THEN you reopen the external links dialogue and the 'enable updates to external links' is disabled and greyed out.

If you do that (actually link to an external spreadsheet.. not just go halfway) you will see what I mean.
        Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Having gone to some lengths to help you, only to have those efforts met with typical male derision, you can sort it yourself I'm sure.
          Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

I've set up a simple external file in V16.3 and see the same thing.

I can link to an external file but sellerdeck disables and greys out the 'Enable update to external data' and it becomes impossible to change the fields that are externally linked data from within sellerdeck.

It would seem to be a bug and I see you've reported it in the Bugs section of the forum.
            -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Originally posted by guccij View Post
              Having gone to some lengths to help you, only to have those efforts met with typical male derision, you can sort it yourself I'm sure.
              Bit confused by that post to be honest.
              Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hughes View Post
                I've set up a simple external file in V16.3 and see the same thing.

I can link to an external file but sellerdeck disables and greys out the 'Enable update to external data' and it becomes impossible to change the fields that are externally linked data from within sellerdeck.

It would seem to be a bug and I see you've reported it in the Bugs section of the forum.
                Thanks very much Mike!!

So that is now 3 of us and I'm sure that confirms that external linking to spreadsheets is broken in V16.

For me, it's a bit more than what I'd call a bug though. It's a total break.

Since 2005 I've been linking to an external spreadsheet, my whole eCommerce model is built around my Excel data. Stock levels are managed via Excel and without Sellerdeck updating stock levels to it my system is broken.

Yes I have reported it on the forum 'bugs section' but there are bugs reported on there from literally years ago that are never fixed, so what good that will do I don't know. I have tried to tell Sellerdeck technical support about it, but as I've said, they won't even talk to me unless I pay £545. I don't think that is right. We're not talking about me getting free 'technical support' we're talking about some basic functionality that is not working.
                Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Feemish - I sent you an email about this the other day. Did you get it?
                  Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
                  SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
                  Based in rural Northants

Comment

No Andrew... I didn't.. that's weird. Please resend.
                    Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

my whole eCommerce model is built around my Excel data. Stock levels are managed via Excel and without Sellerdeck updating stock levels to it my system is broken.
                      I do the same thing but decided that rather than linking to the spreadsheet I'd use excel to import orders from the sellerdeck database, update available stock levels in excel and then write the stock data back into the sellerdeck database.

This might get you out of a hole, but clearly has implications in additional coding and how you structure your data.

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Thanks Mike,

I wouldn't really know how to do that though, and I need Sellerdeck to write other data to the spreadsheet as well. As often updates are made on Sellerdeck which need to be written to our 'master' spreadsheet.

What is most upsetting about all this is that I've been with Sellerdeck since v7 in 2005!... That's 12 years! I would have expected as such a long time customer and promoter of Sellerdeck to get some customer service..
                        Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

I've noticed that BruceT from Sellerdeck has been on here commenting on lots of posts... but not this one. What's that all about? Seriously.. I'm beginning to wonder if Sellerdeck has had a PR Bypass.
                          Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Sorry Mark, I try to help out here where I can as a gesture of goodwill, but I don't have an answer for this one. Coincidentally we did have a report of it come in to support today, so I will try to get it looked at.
                            Bruce Townsend
                            Ecommerce Product Manager
                            Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

That support ticket was from me.

Support have confirmed that it is a bug in all versions of SD2016 and that it is not due for fixing in the forthcoming 16.04 release either.
                              Based in rural Northants

Comment

Bug SD-6453
                                Based in rural Northants

Comment

Working...
                                X