No announcement yet.

BUGS Being Experienced with Windows 7 64-Bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems to happen only on certain PCs, and except in your case, only intermittently.
    Not only Clive, This happens to me to.. not intermittently.. everytimee I close Actinic. v10

I also have the uipload button fail about 20% of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
      Can anyone reporting problems also let us know what specific version of Windows 7 you are using .
      Win 7 64bit i5 750 processor with 6gb ram
      Office 2003 Pro and MSSQL lite It also runs eset smart security which does have issues with actinic on upload due to actinic writing a shipping file to a site folder, not sure why and it does not always cause a problem only sometimes, nothing else really installed, its a pretty clean system.

It was my test bed for other crm & ecommerce software but these have all been removed.

Comment

We're going to set up a clean Win 7 64 bit development environment on a new PC, and retest for all these issues. Please let me know if you would be willing for us to have snapshots of your sites to test with, it may help if we have snapshots where the issues are known to occur.
        Bruce Townsend
        Ecommerce Product Manager
        Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

good news.. however my problems are occuring on win7 pro 32bit.

Also, you dont need a snapshot from me, as I am using the default 'silver theme' with no edits at all and no products added. I am trialing business plus.
          All I have done is run the website configuration wizard (with no errors) and uploaded to a server to test. As soon as I uploaded actinic started beeping 'error' on closing.. but not until I uploaded ?!

Krithika at support has managed to reproduce this error herself so maybe you could contact her;

Hi Clive
          I have been able to replicate this and have let the dev team know as well. Thanks for bringing this issue to our notice.

Comment

windows 7 pro 32bit

I have had problems with v9 and v10 on my windows 7 pro 32bit Dell system with ESET smart security. I even went back to develop on my old xp pro machine. A log was raise probably in Feb.
            My biggest problem was that it wouldn't upload. Sometimes it would start and then the upload would vanish with no messages. Or many times it says the ActinicShipping.fil already existed, even when the file had been deleted.
            Jen
            Hanson Web Design
            www.hansonwebdesign.co.uk
            jenny@hansonwebdesign.co.uk
            Actinic hosting, Actinic Software, template design and re-design

Comment

yep, thats exactly what happens to me.
              As well as the error beep on closing.

You raised this issue in February !

oh dear.

Comment

Hello

This happens very commonly with a number of anti virus products. Using AVG disabling the resident shield solved the problem, you will need to remove the scanning prior to uploading and it should work ok. Access seems to have a fit with it.

Nigel
                Offering a wide range of shade loving plants suitable for the woodland garden. http://www.plantsforshade.co.uk

Comment

It is the same anti-virus that runs on XP fine. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't on win7. for major uploads I use the XP pro machine. So having a dog and barking!
                  Hanson Web Design
                  www.hansonwebdesign.co.uk
                  jenny@hansonwebdesign.co.uk
                  Actinic hosting, Actinic Software, template design and re-design

Comment

This happens very commonly with a number of anti virus products. Using AVG disabling the resident shield solved the problem, you will need to remove the scanning prior to uploading and it should work ok. Access seems to have a fit with it.
                    Thanks for the reply... but nah mate. First thing I tried was diasbling firewalls and antivirus.. dont use avg anyway.

Comment

This is happening to me too. win7 pro v10
                      Since I uploaded the test site to my server.. it beeps an error every time I close actinic.. it also writes a .dmp file everytime as well.
                      I cant open the dmp files to see whats going on?
                      Does anyone here know how to read them... I can upload one to be checked out. I've emailed support..
                      Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

I've just noticed that the FlatfileConverter in the actinic folder doeasnt work either??
                        Could this be connected in some way? v10 win7 pro

Doubleclicking the FlatFileConverter returns this error message;

Problem signature:
                        Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
                        Application Name: FlatFileConvertor.exe
                        Application Version: 10.0.0.0
                        Application Timestamp: 4bc4a294
                        Fault Module Name: ActCommon.dll
                        Fault Module Version: 10.0.0.0
                        Fault Module Timestamp: 4bc49810
                        Exception Code: c0000005
                        Exception Offset: 00032748
                        OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48

would anyone else having problems see if this program is working for them?
                        Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

The upload problem seems linked to Kaspersky, it's early days yet to be 100% sure, but with it turned off, the failure to upload is not occurring for me. Rather than turn Kaspersky off, which is not a solution at all, i've been trying a number of different settings within it, to try and find the clash and it appears to be the network monitor, when i switch that off through the application control options, it seems to work as expected.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
                            The upload problem seems linked to Kaspersky
                            Lee, I would like to get to the bottom of this issue as quickly as possible.

Which product and version of Kaspersky are you using and does the XP box have the same or different security software?

Gordon Camley

3rd Line Support
                            SellerDeck.

Comment

Hi Gordon

It's Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 and is the same on the XP machine.

Comment

Every upload has worked since (about 15), so looks like it is the issue my end. There does however seem to be another intermittent problem, where halfway through an upload, actinic closes itself down or crashes and you sometimes get a crash error window. I don't recall experiencing these while the upload problem was around, but then that'd make sense anyway because i couldn't upload to see it happen. Happening maybe 1 in 5 times when you upload, open up after and it goes through fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X