Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sending compressed files failed. FTP compression has been switched off, resending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sending compressed files failed. FTP compression has been switched off, resending

I've deleted my site from the ISP to do a clean upload, and I am now getting the following error when uploading:

Sending compressed files failed. FTP compression has been switched off, resending files.

Does anyone have any ideas.

I've deleted the folders and recreated them to no avail.

Does your hosting support compressed uploads?
    Does the upload complete anyway?

Comment

Hi

It's been fine until today when I deleted the site from the folders, so I guess that 1and1 support compressed files.

Comment

in the short term I'd just let the upload complete even if it isnt sending as compressed.

then raise a support ticket with 1&1

Comment

The sending base file stage does not complete and does not move onto the Merging incremental section.

It just gets stuck in a loop with the FTP message.

I've raised a ticket with 1and1.

Comment

Hi
            Im having the same problem as you. Did you have any luck with 1and1 support or a solution. My site was uploading before today, then, like you, I wanted a clean upload and not I cant upload anything..........
            Slightly frustrated....

Tom

Comment

similar upload problem

hi all - I just wondered if there was any update on this, as it sounds similar to a problem I am having

uploading was fine one day, stopped working the next, the upload just hangs at "sending base files", never sending anything. Got an error message saying compressed-file upload wasnt supported, telling me to turn off compressed-upload

which i did

upload now starts sending files, but then gets stuck at fulltext.fil - from this post http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?p=303729 I understand changing the compressed-upload setting scrambles the permissions on the server and it cannot then overwrite files

I'm not sure what to do now - do i need the files deleted from the server (we are hosted by Corpex) so actinic doesnt have to overwrite them? And are you saying this hasnt worked for you?

any support much appreciated

AP
              https://secure.advanceperformance.co.uk/acatalog/

Comment

I've just had exactly this same problem.

For those of you who are on your own VPS server, the following information may help resolve the situation without having to recourse to your hosting provider.

I presume that if you have a VPS server you will have access to the root. If so, I used a (free) programme called winSCP and browsed to the root of the server. From there go to /var/www/vhosts/yourwebsite.co.uk and locate the cgi-bin folder. Right click on it and then choose Properties. Check out the GROUP and PROPERTIES tabs and change to owner rather than root and this should be sufficient to put the matter right. Just re check the permissions on this folder are 755.

Hope this helps someone.
                -----------------------------
                www.synchronisedwebdesign.com

Comment

I had this problem and resolved it with a Website Refresh.

No idea what caused it - files of sync, corrupt or if a script or configuration file had manually edited or uploaded.

Comment

Working...
                  X