Sellerdeck 2016 / Ebay Integration Initial Obervations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sellerdeck 2016 / Ebay Integration Initial Obervations

Just tried this today and here are my first findings.

The setup was smooth and as per instructions.

I was disappointed to note the Ebay API does not work on Windows 10 currently and I hope this is fixed soon.

Usage:
    1. For the very first import of ebay orders, I could not get the retrieve via "placed since last retrieval" to work - always said 0 orders imported. This is presumably because there had never been a retrieval at that point. I had to put dates in to "tomorrows date" to get anything imported.

2. In fact this option did not work for subsequent imports - I have to supply dates to get anything imported. Using "since last import" always returned 0.

3. I am concerned that "Cheque" orders come down as "Full Payment Received" - they should be "pending" really. Obviously we will be using Paypal in real-life, but I think this is still an error.

4. We have "Extensions" in Settings, Housekeeping and Operations - Suggest group these together to simplify things. It seems unneccessary to spread these new settings and optional all over the place.

5. I could not figure out how to get a Product Reference across. I created a custom Label called "Product Reference" in the Ebay listing but it did not come over. I would like to be sure that we can list things on Ebay using a Product Reference that will come over correctly into the Sellerdeck Product Reference field for the order.

6. I have not got the necessary to test that shipping / delivery options for Hermes via GFS or DPD integrates correctly. I hope it will.

7. Will we be able to go the other way and publish listings to Ebay from Sellerdeck?

This is all I have so far - looking good though. This will be a major boost.

Regards

Jez

Hello Jez

Thanks for testing v16 beta and the feedback re the Ebay API. These have been passed on to the team for information and further investigation.
    Meanwhile re the order download issue, could you please email me the log file (found at C:\ProgramData\SellerDeck\SellerDeck 2016\Logs\Sites\<Site Name>\sde\eBay Order Management 1.0.0 as <SiteName>.log to the following email address : krithika.chandrasekaran [at] sellerdeck dot com ?

4. We have "Extensions" in Settings, Housekeeping and Operations - Suggest group these together to simplify things. It seems unneccessary to spread these new settings and optional all over the place.
    These options have been assigned to the different menus according to their respective functions. Ideally, once the extensions have been licensed and enabled, the user would only ever need to access the Operations menu on a day-to-day basis. Hope this helps explain.

Regards
    Krithika Chandrasekar
    SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
    X