Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Implementing the VAT Rate Change Planned for 4th January 2011 in SellerDeck EPOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Implementing the VAT Rate Change Planned for 4th January 2011 in SellerDeck EPOS

These instructions detail how to implement the VAT change from 17.5% to 20% which will come into effect on the 4th of January 2011

Only standard-rated sales are affected. There are no changes to sales that are zero-rated or reduced-rated for VAT, or to VAT exemptions.

How do I change the VAT rate in my SellerDeck EPOS system?
    1. First, make a backup of your .mdb and .mde files in your checkout folder before making any changes.
    2. Make a zread including a reset.

• i. Start EPOS.
      • ii. Go to the 'Sales' screen.
      • iii. Click the 'Menu (F10)' button.
      • iv. Select the 'Z Read' command from the list and click 'Ok'.
      • v. Click 'Print' if needed a printed document on the zread and then click 'Reset'.
      • vi. Close the dialog and then close the 'Sales' screen, too.

3. Modify the tax rate of Standard tax band.

• i. Select the 'Options' command from the 'Setup' menu.
      • ii. Go to the 'Accounting' tab.
      • iii. In the 'Sales Tax Codes' grid, locate the row with sales tax code value 'S'.
      • iv. Modify the 'TAX %' column's value from ’17.5’ to '20'.
      • v. Click 'Close' to apply the changes and close the dialog.

Please note this only changes the rate at which VAT is calculated. To change the actual product prices, follow the instructions below.

Is there a quick way to update my product prices?

If you have Microsoft Access, we have produced a SQL query that will update prices for you. Please see the knowledgebase article here. Please note that we are not able to offer any kind of warranty for the use of this. You should read the associated notes carefully, and follow the instructions to back up your data beforehand.

Further Advice on what rates to charge for purchases and refunds

We strongly recommend that you consult the document produced by the HMRC at http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/vat/forms-rat...e-guidance.pdf too see how the rate change affects your business.

This article is provided in good faith for the assistance of SellerDeck users. The information in it is correct to the best of our knowledge, but SellerDeck does not warrant or guarantee the information provided and cannot accept responsibility for any inaccuracy. It does not constitute general tax advice or guidance. It is your responsibility to assure yourself that your business practices conform to all mandatory regulations and requirements.
Working...
X