eBay extension beta 2 order numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eBay extension beta 2 order numbers

eBay uses an order number for each transaction, these certainly appear in seller manager pro (SMP). For ease of referring between the SellerDeck and SMP, it would be useful if these were used in the SellerDeck order number, rather than starting at 1 all over again.

Hi Jonathan, many thanks for the feedback. We did want to use the eBay Order ID as the SellerDeck Order Number, but we encountered some issues with that. Firstly, it may not be unique, Order IDs can be re-used after a few months. And secondly, it can be longer than the permitted length of the Order Number in SellerDeck.

We didn't want to change the SellerDeck Order Number field, because there may be implications elsewhere in the code where a certain length is assumed. So there would have been some risks to the core software, and a significant testing overhead.

We did consider concatenating the longer eBay Order IDs - they are used for single-item orders, and comprise the item ID and the transaction ID; but we couldn't work out how the latter are derived and in what way it would be safe to shorten the overall ID.

I do see the need to have the eBay ID available in SellerDeck though. So as a start we are going to include it in the Order History record in the Journal tab that is added when the order is saved. And if you or anyone else can think of a better way of handling it, we'd be happy to consider that.
    Bruce Townsend
    Ecommerce Product Manager
    Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

I was thinking more along the lines of using the Sales record number, not the transaction ID eBay's Sales record number is sequential and starts at 1 with your first transaction. A bit like the sellerdeck order number.

Comment

That seems reasonable. It does depend on Selling Manager being used. I guess most people do use that but I've no way of knowing ATM.

We won't be able to incorporate it in the initial production release but I've added it to the wish list.
        Bruce Townsend
        Ecommerce Product Manager
        Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Working...
        X