Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Products via Hierarchical import - how to include Attributes and Choices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Products via Hierarchical import - how to include Attributes and Choices?

I want to import the details for 1000 new products via a Hierarchical file generated from Excel. Despite reading everything I can find online, I cannot see how to include Attributes and Choices within this import.

Anyone know how to do this?

I'd suggest the best thing to do if you are able is to setup an attribute, a few choices and some products manually in the system and then run an export to see the format that will be required.

I don't do much with attributes currently, but these are some from an export I ran, perhaps it will be of some use? (apologies that the format isn't great Basically set the headers, the attribute and the choices. For products you then need to use permutations for the different attribute options.

Code:
    Header:Attribute	Attribute Name	Name HTML	Type	IsDeleted	Content Category	PermutationLayout	RadioButtonColumnCount	Product ID	AttributeLayout	
    Header:Choice	Choice Name	Name HTML	IsDeleted	Content Category	Price	Product ID				
    Header:Permutation	Permutation String	Price	IsDeleted	Is Valid	Associated Product Reference	Pricing	Uses Associated Product Name	Uses Associated Product Tax	Use Associated Product Shipping	Barcode
    Attribute	Colour	Colour	0	0	Standard	__UseParent__	__UseParent__		__UseParent__	
    Choice	Blue	Blue	0	Standard	0					
    Choice	Green	Green	0	Standard	0					
    Permutation	Colour:Blue	0	0	1	CWTURNBLU	0	0	0	0	
    Permutation	Colour:Green	0	0	1	CWTURNGRN	0	0	0	0	
    Attribute	Colour	Colour	0	0	Standard	__UseParent__	__UseParent__		__UseParent__

Comment

Thanks Matt. Yes I have already been down that route but I can't see a way to do this automatically. It would be copy/paste several 1000 times!

Comment

Try contacting Andy at Codepath, this may help you:
        http://www.codepath.biz/software/sel...og-import.html

Comment

Working...
        X