X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V 12.0.5 firefox and chrome cart bug ?

Hello,

I think I have found a bug in V 12.0.5

When using firefox and chrome, the basket (top right) shows as empty when the cart page auto bounces back to the product page. Even though the items are still in the cart and checkout can be used.

I sent a bug support ticket to SD, but they replied 'no support without contract'.

Obviously its not going to stop the checkout from working, but just wondering if anyone has heard of this before ?

Could it be a server side issue ? Or is that not possible if the error does not occur in internet explorer.

Its very odd, that's for sure
    Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Not a bug but a network setup problem at your end. Your catalog pages are on e.g:

http://www.stageprint.co.uk/acatalog...-printing.html

But your Cart is on:

http://stageprint.co.uk/cgi-bin/ca00...CTION=SHOWCART

Note the missing www.

The mini-cart is stored in a cookie and the cookie that the cart sets is for stageprint.co.uk and pages on www.stageprint.co.uk won't see that cookie as it appears to be from a different domain.

Fix the cart url in Network Setup and you will be OK.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thank you so much Norman,

I didn't think network settings would be at fault as they were provided by my new hosts, but obviously just a typo. Their support has been great.

I had to add "www" to catalog url, cgi bin url and website url.

I'm surprised its been working at all without the www !

By the way, I just want to say that your original 'dynamic price code' was faster than sd's ajax dynamic price code, by a good few milliseconds. Good old Java, cant beat it.
      Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

You mention "new hosts". It's possible that the old host has a .htaccess directive in place that would have made sure that all URL's included the www, so you may not have seen the problem when using them.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Ah yes, I can understand that may have been the case.

I can say that im happy overall with 'host-it" hosting, very competitive price and they have support techs who understand sellerdeck.

Thanks again Norman.
          Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X