Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Repairing Mega Menu's hideous content flash if mouse inadvertantly passes over it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repairing Mega Menu's hideous content flash if mouse inadvertantly passes over it.

On many themes the Mega Menu is positioned below useful content (links like the Cart, Checkout, Site Logo, etc). Trying to get the mouse onto these causes the menu to annoyingly open. It's even worse going the other way as the menu opens, obscuring the content you're heading for.

SellerDeck since V11 has jQuery loaded and we can use this to add a "hoverintent" capability to the Mega Menu so it only fires if the mouse lingers on one of the top-level entries.

Even better, this capability can be added without altering the Mega Menu layouts in any way.

Here's how:

Unzip the attached file into your Site folder.

Go to Design /Library / Layouts / JavaScript Header Functions / Standard Javascript Header functions. Scroll to the bottom and append the following code:
    Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="jquery.hoverintent.for.mega.menu.js"></script>
    That's it. The beast is now tamed!
    Attached Files
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Many thanks Norman, this has bugged me for years.

I contacted support a few years back about this as I didn't feel it was right.

They did send me script but the menu needed to be clicked on, and then clicked again to close so was just as equally annoying.
    Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
    Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Working...
    X