Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nContentLevel in UserDefinedProperties Table

Hi.

I have a number of user defined fields setup at product level. These are setup to use parent by default. This means that there is no value stored in Userdefinedproperties for the product.

I would like to be able to add value to at the product level directly in the DB. I have created the query and updated the table but unfortunately sellerdeck is not recognising the override of the the "use parent".

Once I manually go into into sellerdeck and select product level values for these fields it creates the entry in Userdefinedproperties. I can then update the values fine using queries in the DB.

I think this means there is something telling sellerdeck whether or not to use the product level value or use parent. I was hoping someone might have experience with this table and let me know how sellerdeck decides if it is use parent or use the field at the product level. Also what nContentLevel is used for?

Many thanks

Tony
    Tony
    www.secretgardenquilting.co.uk

I would of disabled use parent for the variable and then mapped content via a CSV import - that way you can target only the products you wish to target

Comment

Hi. Thanks you. I should have mentioned that I tried disable parent. SellerDeck created the product level entries but also it created a number of duplicate entries in UDP table for the sections and on a few products put spurious values in the new product rows. It seems like it gets upset if you had use parent and then remove it.
      Tony

Comment

When you disable a variable that had use parent you'll find use parent still a value for some

If possible might be better create variable again without use parent

Comment

ok. thanks for the advice
          Tony

Comment

I think I have figured out the purpose of nContentLevel.

The UserDefinedProperties table is shared between sections and products (and I guess other things). So you can have a product reference the same value as the a section ID. The nContentLevel seems to differentiate whether the row in UDP relates to a section (value 1) or a product (value 2).

Just thought I would let people know in case they need to use it.

Thanks

tony
            Tony

Comment

Working...
            X