Drop Down List In Checkout Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drop Down List In Checkout Page

I need to put drop down boxes in the check out page of my Actinic Catalog site.
    This is for customers to enter their optical prescription details necessary for us
    to prepare their glasses.
    I know how to write thE HTML for the boxes but not sure how to change the Actinic template. Would appreciate any help please (PS I am a novice at writing websites!) Thank you. site is: www.metroeyewear.co.uk

Hi Gloria,

In order to have this information passed through the order you will have to use one of the user definable fields currently contained within the software. On the 'Payment Method' page of the checkout you are given 3 user definable fields to get extra information from the customer.

An example of changing one of these to a drop-down list is given in the Act_Order02.html template (Advanced | Template Manager | Ordering tab (click 'Change View' if you do not see the tabs) | Order Phase 2 button). Take a back-up of this file before making the changes. Search for:

<!-- Use the HTML below to have a drop-down for the 'How did you find our site?' -->

What you need to do is comment out the bit above that reads:

Code:
    <td bgcolor="NETQUOTEVAR:CHECKOUTBG">
          <input type="TEXT" name="GENERALHOWFOUND" size="40" maxlength="255" value="NETQUOTEVAR:GENERALHOWFOUND">
        </td>
    so it looks like:

Code:
    <!-- <td bgcolor="NETQUOTEVAR:CHECKOUTBG">
          <input type="TEXT" name="GENERALHOWFOUND" size="40" maxlength="255" value="NETQUOTEVAR:GENERALHOWFOUND">
        </td> -->
    Then uncomment the code below by removing <!-- and //--> from around it

Code:
    <!--
    		<TR>
    		  <td bgcolor="NETQUOTEVAR:CHECKOUTBG"><FONT FACE="ARIAL" SIZE="2">NETQUOTEVAR:GENERALPROMPT000</FONT></TD>
    		  <td bgcolor="NETQUOTEVAR:CHECKOUTBG"><FONT FACE="ARIAL" SIZE="2">
    		   <SELECT NAME="GENERALHOWFOUND"> <OPTION SELECTED>Please select:
    		   	<OPTION VALUE="Search Engine">Search Engine
    		   	<OPTION VALUE="Magazine">Magazine
    		   	<OPTION VALUE="Other">Other
    			</SELECT>
    		  </FONT></TD>
    		 </TR>
     	//-->
    Then you can change the options to be what you want and add others by adding in:

<OPTION VALUE="new option">new option

before the </SELECT> tag.

Save and close the file and update the site.

If you want more drop-down boxes then you can make the same changes to GENERALPROMPT001 and GENERALPROMPT002 but these don't have example code below them so you will have to copy and paste from the first one.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

thank you

I will give this a try when I am feeling brave! Thanks.

Comment

I like this solution. How can I make this change, but only so that it is on the offline MOTO checkout, and not online.

I want to be able to record the name of the person taking the order on a shared machine. It is not practical to keep logging off all the time, so I want a dropdown where the user can choose their name.

Comment

This is a thread from 12 years ago so may well be out of date. V7 did not have any MOTO capability so it may be worth posting in a relevant topic.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
          X