No announcement yet.

Publishing to web error.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For anyone else who sees a similar error message it was a failure to logon to the ftp server that generated the original message
    Can you be a bit more explicit for anyone else seeing the same thing. i.e. was it an incorrect username / password or was there something else causing the logon to fail?
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

I'm experiencing the same issues and same error message. Is it possible you could explain how you resolved it in your instance. I havent been able to connect to my server for two weeks and beyond frustrated. Thanks GS

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hughes View Post
        Can you be a bit more explicit for anyone else seeing the same thing. i.e. was it an incorrect username / password or was there something else causing the logon to fail?
        In this specific case it was the password that was wrong but there were other settings that also needed adjustment so it is difficult to be precise

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
        SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
        Custom Packages

Comment

site not publishing to www prefix to domain

In uploading the site pewter.co.uk to new hosting with 123-reg the site doesn't show with www.pewter.co.uk - I have other Sellerdeeck site son the same hosting package and have never had this problem before. Have checked every entry entry in DNS etc against the other sites I have and found no error.

When setting up network settings and putting www.pewter.co.uk in the cgi-bin address I get the error message
          "SellerDeck is not able to run the CGI scripts on the server. It appears as if the scripts are not installed. The most likely cause is that you have an incorrect CGI-BIN URL. If you've never uploaded the site, then you should do it before a download of orders. If you've uploaded the site ever, then Run Web | Configure Web Site Details... to review your web site configuration."

I have checked the cgi-bin is there with correct permissions, and despite this message the Test run does put .pl file sin the cgi-bin directory.

Also the root directory pages are not uploading, though I have set the homepage to operate as that.

In a long time working with sellerdeck/actinic sites I have never come across this before.
          Using 12 0 5 OFLD
          Last edited by oginet; 30-Jul-2016, 09:13 PM. Reason: add to

Comment

Working...
          X