Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No email sent to customer or store owner

Hi,

I found that after a customer placed an order, there is no email sent to the customer or the store owner. I checked both the 'Send Receipt Email to Customer' and 'Email Required on New Order' checkbox in 'Business Settings | Ordering'.

I checked the SMTP server by submit a message using the "contact us" form and it did come through by email. I am wondering why only the order emails did not come through...Is that because I am using the Actinic Designer?

Thanks a lot.

no it will be your SMTP setting

I thought the contact form used sendmail.

Comment

Thanks. But when I test the Network Setup in Actinic, the test result shows:

Actinic Mail Test completed successfully
      server: passed
      connection: passed
      sockets: passed
      communications: passed
      authorisation: passed

Also I received the email as following:

This is the test message from Actinic Catalog.
      The email address and SMTP server you specified
      in the network preferences are correct.

So can I assume that my SMTP settings are correct?

Comment

So can I assume that my SMTP settings are correct?
        probably, but you are still left with the fact you don't receive the emails

does the SMTP server and the address in business settings match?

does the address in business settings receive email that is not sent from outlook

Comment

I suspect that Actinic didn't update the Business Settings when uploading after I ticked the "Send me an Email When I have an Order to Download" and "Send Receipt Email to Customer" checkbox. This happen several times when I change the delivery price in Shipping and Handling.

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
            does the SMTP server and the address in business settings match?
            That could be the reason! The email I am using in Business Settings is not on the same SMTP server I specified in Network Setup! I will correct this and try, thanks a million!

Comment

Help....

Still no emails received even after corrected the contact email address. Do I have to fill the username and password fields below the SMTP server in Netword Setup? I don't think so as long as I specified the SMTP server but just to make sure...

Who can help please...

Comment

Do I have to fill the username and password fields below the SMTP server in Netword Setup?
                that depends on your host and how they want you to use SMTP.

do you use SMTP authenication in your email client?

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
                  that depends on your host and how they want you to use SMTP.

do you use SMTP authenication in your email client?
                  I checked with the service provider and my email client doesn't use SMTP authenication.

Just read a post long time ago http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=26704
                  It talked about that Actinic only triggers the order confirmation email when the customer returns to the receipt page after a payment.
                  I am using Securetrading as the payment method and I didn't redirect the customer back to the website, therefore Actinic might not think the payment was succesful so no confirmation email was sent to either the customer or the owner?
                  Thank a billion.

The post was in 2003, not sure whether Actinic changed this setting.

Comment

Jennifer,

That setting remains the same, the customer needs to return to the receipt page and hit the 'Done' button.

Kind regards,
                    Bruce King
                    SellerDeck

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce
                      Jennifer,

That setting remains the same, the customer needs to return to the receipt page and hit the 'Done' button.

Kind regards,
                      Thanks a lot for clarifying this. However, I just tried and even I did come back to the website receipt page through the callback URL after made a payment, there is still no email sent to the customer or store owner... I've really run out of idea...

Comment

Ok, is the SMTP server you use one provided by your Hosting company? It needs to be. Can you go to an order and go to the mail tab and then click on 'send', now on the 'Operations' Menu click on 'Send Emails'. Please tell us what happens.

If none of this helps then all I can suggest is to ask your Host is anything needs to be setup/changed also check as to what they have to say about mails not being sent, else raise a support ticket and a member of the team should be able to assist you. Please include any information you get from your hosting company.

Kind regards,
                        Bruce King
                        SellerDeck

Comment

Hi
                          I have to admit that I am having the same trouble here with V8 emails, the SMTP I use is fine in Outlook so I know it works, no authenticication is required, it's the same email as in Business Settings/Orders...... I have ticked the check boxes for emails to be sent

I've uploaded the site in TEST MODE and I can order etc, download the order/s I made but no way will any email go through to me

What more can I do please or test?

My head will explode if I can't sort this silly problem out

Comment

Kev,

Have you tried using 'localhost' instead of a the smtp server address currently used. Click on test, if you get an email telling you that the network test passes successfully, then that would sort it for you. If that does not work, what error does running a test within Actinic using the actual smtp server address produce? Pass this to the host and they should be able to assist you, it may be down to not having forwarding setup correctly.

Kind regards,
                            Bruce King
                            SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Bruce

I haven't tried that one so I will do that now

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                              X