No announcement yet.

No email sent to customer or store owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry Bruce, I'm being a donut here now, how do I get Local Host so I can test it please?

Comment

oopss!

Where do I find "local Host" settings?

This is so annoying as it's the same email settings I use for Outlook and all is fine making me think that this is deffo an "A" problem here??

Comment

Kev you are double posting - please stop as you create more work for people trying to help you. If you look at the network settings for your host which I pointed you to in your other post then you will see the use of localhost which works with pipex.

Comment

This is so annoying
          As are your double posts - I not replying anymore to you.

Comment

I've stopped helping as I also have a policy not to waste time replying to duplicate posters.

Comment

I am not double posting for gods sake, I'm trying to get an answer for this!

Stop being up your own backside cos the last thing I want to do is double post on any forum, I am just answering the emails I get sent to me

come on, stop being the "big I am" and just help out, don't threaten people by saying you will no longer reply, most of us don't know TECKY talk and understand this software like you so don't act like the god as it will seriously annoy people like - like I have seen many posts indicated from people who simply are not as good as you!

this is what a forum for and I am sorry if I am not as clever as you and don't post where you want me to - SORRY for that, I just want help not verbal dictation on what I have done wrong in posting

Comment

Stop being up your own backside cos the last thing I want to do is double post on any forum, I am just answering the emails I get sent to me
                Well with an attitude like that I hope you and your backside solve your own problem. You are not just answering emails - people are giving thier time on a Sunday to try and help you. We are simply pointing out that you are double posting and that is not going to get you help any faster infact you will now have to wait until someone with a bigger backside can be bothered to help - have a nice day

Comment

don't threaten people
                  its not a threat, we are simply asking you to adhere to the ettiquette of the forum, if you logged in rather than used email you would see where your replies are going.

It is also expected that there are non teccy people in the forum but most people post in order to learn how to help themselves. Arrogance gets you nowhere. Most of the regular repliers here are volunteers - not servants - who by and large (does my bum look big in this) choose which posts to reply to.

But on another note I had no idea my bum looked big in this forum so I've learnt something new today..... thats something else I'll have to take into consideration before dressing every day.

Comment

In case you have not sorted this as yet, all you need to do is to replace your existing SMTP server settings with the word 'localhost' (without the quotes) and uncheck 'requires authentication'. Click on 'Apply' and test / upload to see if you get mails.

Kind regards,
                    Bruce King
                    SellerDeck

Comment

PS

Sorry Jo and Malcolm, you are totally correct that you shouldn't go by the auto emails like I do, you should be logged on so you know what other people reply.

This is classic as I have just read a kind reply from Bruce who has already told me what I needed to find out, but stupid me has just posted the same question so it will be deleted

A public apology to you all from me

Kev

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce
                        In case you have not sorted this as yet, all you need to do is to replace your existing SMTP server settings with the word 'localhost' (without the quotes) and uncheck 'requires authentication'. Click on 'Apply' and test / upload to see if you get mails.

Kind regards,
                        Bruce

you are the best!

Putting in "localhost" in network settings, then upload to TEST does it god dam work!!! YEE HAH!!!!!! I get emails.............thank god for that!!

you clever man!

thanks a bunch

Kevin

Comment

'localhost', the good ole faithful saviour, probably mentioned and explained at least 500 times in the forum already......

Comment

You know what Lee

I have searched this forum under "email" and have never found this simple answer

It's not even mentioned in the manual or I would've tried it ages ago but nonetheless it does work for me

My only grief now is editing the shipping address' as posted in another thread but for me it don't wanna know so here's searching again

Ps to anyone, is there someone who has done a list of general faults so as to limit the constant duplicated threads?

Comment

You would not believe how much info is hidden or hard to find in this forum, i have seen only about 10 new subjects in the last 4 months. The search has been improved but the forum is generally a mess and the search still evades many people. Having said that it can often depend on what you search term you use, had you put "SMTP problem", then the the first post in the first result mentions it.

Its criminal that one of the most common fixes cannot be found easily, you'd have sorted your problem out in 5 minutes flat.

Comment

Sorry Jo and Malcolm, you are totally correct that you shouldn't go by the auto emails like I do, you should be logged on so you know what other people reply.

This is classic as I have just read a kind reply from Bruce who has already told me what I needed to find out, but stupid me has just posted the same question so it will be deleted

A public apology to you all from me
                                Thanks Kev, you have just restored my faith.

I have been abused in several threads recently and accused of being high and mighty and a know all.... and was seriously considering withdrawing from the forum as a contributor

It is true that the more frequent posters are also the ones who often post to say "do a search and find the answer" and sometimes get abit irritated. The main reason for this is get people used to helping themselves, and to avoid this forum getting bloated with duplicate questions. We all need good forum ettiquette to be adhered to for the forum to remain a useful tool to everyone.

The key for me is helping people to help themselves.

What some people fail to understand, is our motives for answering and the fact that we are volunteers. We do not contribute simply to give us a feeling of self importance but to be constantly popping in and out often helps us to keep up to date with the day to day work we do. All to often I come across something that's not going right with Actinic, but often I also recall the post I've seen where someone else has also encountered the same thing. A quick search and I'm back on track.

To give some background on email, it probably isn't possible to come up with a definative document of things to look for as hosts/isps all have different practices which are changing by the day.

There has been a huge increase in people posting here recently due to emails not being sent from actinic. This is turn is due to hosts/isps constantly having to change their policies for sending email - mainly to avoid their customer's accounts being hihacked by spammers and their mailservers from being blacklisted. This is a constant battle.

some hosts/isp allow localhost
                                some hosts/isp block port 25
                                some hosts/isp don't allow mail relay until you ask for it
                                some hosts/isp don't allow SMTP
                                some hosts/isp insist that SMTP matches domain in business settings

If you hosted with us you would find out
                                we don't allow localhost, we do not block port 25, we activate mail relay - but sometimes forget, we do allow SMTP, we do force SMTP server to match email in business settings.

Other hosts will have a different set of practices.

There's another post here today about not being able to send 50 emails in one go. This again is probably a host/isp restriction (again we only allow 32 emails to be sent at once) These practices stem from again trying to prevent spammers, if we allowed our clients to send emails willy nilly our mailservers would get blacklisted.

There was also a post yesterday about speeding up a send of 30,000 emails, if this guy had acheived this (fortunately his host/isp was slowing him down) he probably would have got his send perceived as spam and his mailserver blacklisted.

For a lot of people it is simple a case of education, as they are unwittingly doing bad stuff, and are quite happy to learn better practises.

Comment

Working...
                                X