Actinic Link / JET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Link / JET

I have installed 8.5 as a new site on a new laptop, whilst setting up LINK which had failed after long term use on another system where support kind of 'gave up' after a few weeks trying to figure out the problem... I therefore reckoned whatever Gremlin was in there could be lost by doing a fresh install.

Nope...

I have not imported anything other than via SAGE to create customers and products, even the image paths have been manually set and in the CUSTOMERS tab of LINK the following error is received;

Run-time error '3078'
    The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the input table or query 'Naming Scheme'. Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly.

This happened for example in the payment transfer settings, payment types were being shown and trying to select them created the error message,

'Run Time Error 3265. Item not found in this collection...'

I upgraded the install to 8.51 along with link from the installer, this fixed all the apparent problems but in Actinic to Sage Line 50 the error above is generated on save and exit of the set-up. No parameters are retained.

Although not tested Sage Line 50 to Actinic would appear to be working.

Comment

I am no farther forward 24 hours on, some kind of response would be appreciated as on a deadline...

Comment

David,

Extremely sorry you have not heard on this one as yet, most probably because most dont know what it means. I will have to run this past the development team.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Resolution

The problem was caused in Vista as a UAC conflict.

When I installed Actinic the User Account Control feature was on but when I upgraded to 8.51 this feature was off, you have to stick to one or the other for life or re-install your software from scratch to ensure this works. In Link for example the parameters will be hidden in your profile...

However I found that installing in the standard locations (defaults) everything worked apart from Actinic to Sage in the Link package, so the obvious thing was to move the install outside of the ..\Program Files\.. folder whilst keeping the ..\Sites\.. folder under ..\ActinicV8\.. in order that our drop shipping program would still run with Mole End OSA.

When installing the Actinic Link software with UAC on within the ..\Program Files\.. folder the payment types were not being seen in the payment table and conversely with UAC off you could see the Actinic install defaults but not what you had defined in your settings, like you add Worldpay in Actinic and it's not there in Link.

Moving the whole lot out of the ..\Program Files\.. folder and switching UAC off has resolved the problem.

Comment

David,

Nice one with sorting the issue and posting the workaround here. I did not realise you were on Vista.

Kind regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

What a brave sole, both V8.5.1 and Vista

I have put Vista on 1-2 year hold and V8.5.1 on another month to see if 8.5.2 comes out with more solutions
              Chris Ashdown

Comment

Hi Chris

Just FYI, 8.5.1 solves all the problems with Vista that have been found so far. To date, no other errors have been reported since 8.5.1 was released.

Comment

You mean apart from this one of course Chris...

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
                    Hi Chris

Just FYI, 8.5.1 solves all the problems with Vista that have been found so far. To date, no other errors have been reported since 8.5.1 was released.
                    Bet you really mean solved the actinic problems using vista, and not any problems relating to Vista ( or do you work part time for Mr Gates ) now chrs
                    Chris Ashdown

Comment

Nearly 7 years later and I'm suffering the same problem!

We're currently using Actinic version 10
                      I downloaded the trial version of SD 2014, along with Link for Sage as we're thinking of upgrading from V10, to have a responsive layout.

We hadn't even "opened" version 2014 but when we tried to "ReExport To Files" from our current v10 site, it asked for a licence key which we haven't got as we've never needed one in the past.

I realised that a new version of the Link software had replaced the version that we were using (v2.6.0.0.2KKCA). I assumed that I could just re-install the older version and we'd be back up and running. No! This is when the message comes up when we try to create a new profile, "Run-Time Error 3265". The Transaction Types list isn't being properly populated. i.e. the list of Payment Methods the Profile Settings is different to the list of Payment Methods in Business Settings > Payment and Security.

Our OS is Windows 7 and I've tried installing the Link software with User Account Control set to all 4 options but I still get the message "Run-Time Error 3265". I have also un-installed and re-installed Actinic V10 but still no joy.

As we don't have a cover contract, Support aren't willing to assist, even though their "Free Trial" caused the problem!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
                      Stuart Robinson

Robinson Polytunnels

Comment

The only thing I can think of is to contact support using the form accessible via the 'support center' link at the top of the page.

Sellerdeck offer free email support for customers without a cover contract,

Mike
                        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion Mike but I've already tried that. I was told by Support that from January, v10 would no longer be supported.
                          Stuart Robinson

Robinson Polytunnels

Comment

Have you tried a computer restore to see if it resets the installation?.
                            Peblaco

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion Louise.

I have finally fixed it!
                              I can't say exactly how other than I re-installed Actinic Link and attempted to create a profile but it couldn't find the database for the export. So, I copied this (Export.mdb) from an old machine that we used to use and put it in the place where Actinic Link was looking for it. Hey presto!
                              Stuart Robinson

Robinson Polytunnels

Comment

Working...
                              X