Yodel closes new deliveries untill next Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yodel closes new deliveries untill next Monday

Just heard from them that to give them selves time to clear their backlog they have stopped taking new parcels until Monday
    Chris Ashdown

Originally posted by chris ashdown View Post
    Just heard from them that to give them selves time to clear their backlog they have stopped taking new parcels until Monday
    Earlier this year I ordered some goods from a company who use Yodel, they took 9 days to deliver the parcel so it looks like this is not a seasonal problem with them.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
    SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
    Custom Packages

Comment

Yes. I got notification of this yesterday.

It seems like a sensible thing for them to do though. Much better to try and solve the problem than to keep accepting parcels and ending up in a complete mess with people not getting parcels before Christmas.
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

What annoys me, is this has happened to the all the major couriers over the last few years.

Christmas comes and they all go in to melt down, this year it seems to have started particularly early though.

They all know Christmas is coming, why can't they be better prepared ?

Peter
        Printerbase - Colour & Mono Laser Printers

Comment

Sales Much Higher This Year

According to the BBC News website today, internet retail sales this year are much higher than last year, much higher than expected, from "Black Friday" onwards. Carriers planned on being more than last year, but not on being so much more. We are having trouble with some deliveries, it would seem where temporary drivers have been used, but generally think they are doing a good job in difficult circumstances, with weather conditions in some areas not helping. We know of drivers, including the ones who collect from us daily, who are working very long hours trying their best to get as many parcels delivered as possible.

Sarah

Comment

Yes. the Yodel delivery driver I saw today was saying they'll be working Saturday and Sunday to try and clear the backlog so they are trying hard to sort things out.

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Working...
            X