Missing Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Order

I have an order from a customer in Norway, the order ID is shown on our copy of the payment gateway transaction (WorldPay) which we received. The payment has cleared in the payment gateway back office and the money is in our bank. However the order is not shown in SellerDeck. The customer being in Norway I think that the order may have been originally recorded in the pending payment service provider list. It has gone from there but is not now shown in the pending orders list. We have not deleted any orders at any time.

Is there any way this should be able to happen and anything I can do to trace it?

Make sure you don't have the box ticked in:

Business Settings > Payments and security: "Auto-delete PSP pending order"

This will automatically delete PSP pending orders after the number of days specified.

The only way of tracing the order if it has auto-deleted and purged is to look at a recent backup or to try and find a copy of the customer email.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Thanks Mike

That's a very helpful bit of info. Auto delete & auto purge both checked so that explains why it disappeared from the list without coming in to pending orders. No trace at all of the customer order email which is what I find most odd and no obvious reason for that.

Comment

If the customer hadn't returned to the receipt page then the customer email isn't sent. This happens quite often, particularly when the customer pays using paypal as they like to offer all kinds of offers and distraction to customers, typically leading to them missing the 'return' link and going off back to their favourite home page.

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Working...
        X