Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I preferred the fluid width as Lee has mentioned, as the fixed width leaves too much space at the sides.

Have we lost the search option that used google, as we now only seem to have the internal search options. I always tended to use the google search.

On a more positive note I like the integrated knowledgebase.
    Darren Guppy
    Golf Tee Warehouse
    Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

i think the look is now a bit amateur, it needs some body to it, the header has way to much white and is painful on the eyes to look at for any length of time.
      Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

I don't like the colour scheme of either the new site nor the new community.
        I find it too pale and lacking in impact and certainly hard to read due to the lack of contrast.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback so far.

We are reading all comments and making quick changes over the next couple of days. The CSS on the support centre image is fixed - thanks for spotting, Lee. Bigger changes/recommendations will be considered for the next update.

The new style is based on the new www.actinic.co.uk which also has a fixed width, but I know what you're saying about redundant space at the sides.

The google search has indeed disappeared. I wasn't sure whether this was used, but will look to re-enable it.

The plan is to integrate the AUG into the knowledge base, but a link to it in the meantime may be a good idea.

We will make some changes to the colourising of the buttons.
          Ben Popplestone
          Ecommerce website software

Comment

Originally posted by Ben View Post
            ...The google search has indeed disappeared. I wasn't sure whether this was used, but will look to re-enable it.....
            I (and I think many others) used this a lot due to the restrictions on the forum search. (Such as >3 characters required for the search term etc)

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook View Post
              after a few mins the colour scheme does grow on me abit but dare I say it but it is abit girlie, a pink forum does smack of femininity rather than hard core IT
              Reminds me of Ladies in Lavender for some reason lol
              "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

Are you saying your not going to add alternative themes any time soon? If so i urge you to reconsider this is not a complex task, personally i hate the new colours, and yes many will like them but from my point of view i dont and find it certainly is not easy to read or easy on the eye.

Unfortunately if i cant change it then i wont be a frequent visitor to the forum.

Comment

New look for the forum

I like the new look 10/10 especially integrating the KB with the forum.
                  Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
                  www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

Give power to the people!!! LOL

BTW, why does it say location and then states the users name?
                    "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

Originally posted by Chunkford View Post
                      Give power to the people!!! LOL
                      Dream on boyo, this is more top heavy than Dolly Parton . What on earth would you know anyway, you only use it everyday, a feeble qualification.

Comment

The google search has indeed disappeared. I wasn't sure whether this was used, but will look to re-enable it.
                        If you're not sure, then ask, surely it's a better idea than presuming? It's probably the best tool on the whole forum and is probably the most used one also. The old developers vs users debate rears its ugly head yet again, sigh.

Comment

This is an imperative for me. I only used the Google search facility as the inbult one was too random in its results for me.
                          Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

I only ever use the Google search...

Makes placard and jumps on train to Actinic Towers "Bring It Back, Bring it Back"

Army Gore-tex
                            Winter Climbing Mitts
                            webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
                            Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Ok, to be clear, it wasn't a decision to remove the google search, but simply that it was lost in the re-styling. Sounds like it was very useful, so we'll get it put back.
                              Ben Popplestone
                              Ecommerce website software

Comment

Please change the colour scheme - I am not against the actual colours but it is very bright and uncomfortable to read.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                                X