Fault with Actinic phone lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fault with Actinic phone lines

We are currently experiencing some problems with our phone lines, which gives an engaged tone when calling in. We are working to get them restored as quickly as possible and will let you know more when there is an update. We're sorry for any inconvenience caused.
    Ben Popplestone
    Ecommerce website software

Update

Unfortunately, the problem is at the BT local exchange and despite chasing an update, we have not been informed on when it will be resolved. The office line is now re-routed to a mobile phone, with messages being taken and call backs made from the relevant department via SkypeOut. Please bear with us as we adjust our processes. Thanks for your patience.
    Ben Popplestone

Comment

Ben, I'd be interested to hear if the quality of skypeout is of sufficient quality.

BT cut me off for 3 weeks so I'm looking for an alternate but I am being "persuaded" that voip is the only alternate and skype is not as good

Comment

Hi Jo,

From what I'm told, the skypeout calls have been a good standard of quality this afternoon.

VoIP is a good alternative to PSTN lines but the quality of service is dependent on your bandwidth, and ideally best with a dedicated or partitioned line. I set up the VoIP for the Indian support team a few years ago and upgraded the bandwidth several times, eventually getting a dedicated IPLC line, until we were satisfied with the quality ... but the call data did have 5000 miles to travel
        Ben Popplestone

Comment

Update

The BT line has now been restored, so all Actinic phone lines are back up and working. Thank you for your patience with us yesterday.
          Ben Popplestone

Comment

Working...
          X