Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deleted product

Umm

Today I checked the "products with negative stock levels" and found several, so we had a wizz around the shop, manually counted the dodgy items and put it all back correct.

But.......one product remains with a negative level, the odd thing is that it is a deleted product.

The code if typed into the sales screen give a red screen, its not there in "product look up" nor is it present in "list products by cat'"....so to all intents and purposes it dont exist...except in the negative stock figure.

any ideas..?

Is it a product that you have changed the product code on? the reason I ask is that we find if we don't correctly change a product code (using the little grey square next to the prod code field) we find the old code still exists, but you can't find it anywhere. To get rid of it you have to go into the live database (I think thats what its called) and physically remove it from there.

As a side note - be careful about changing prod codes - it wipes the sales history, which is pretty infuriating.

HTH
    Trying to squeeze my moneys worth out of V7 - but not for much longer!

Comment

What it is, is this!

We have several products that we buy by the sack and weigh out to smaller amounts.

The scales we have create a barcode for the product which in effect is a prepack ( ie we sell the packs at £2, £5 etc)

When there is a price increase, the pack price remains the same, but barcode the scales creates changes......so I think we just "add bar code" to the existing product.

I will however take a look at the live database thing tomorrow and see if it is there.

It just stirkes me as odd, because we do this all the time, yet this is the first time an issue has arrisen and I am wondering if it is relevent to my "stock value not calculating" issues?!

Comment

To get rid of it you have to go into the live database (I think thats what its called) and physically remove it from there.
        Yep this worked, it was there but nowhere else, how odd.

Can anyone at Actinic explain why a deleted product remains in the database with the active box checked?

Comment

I thought the problem sounded familiar - glad its sorted, and look forward to Actinics thoughts.

Comment

Hi Mark/Nick

I going to have to run this past development for their thoughts/comments as soon as I hear from them I'll post a reply.

Kind Regards
            Kiran Chandran
            Technical Support - SellerDeck
            http://www.sellerdeck.co.uk/

Further help can also be found at http://community.sellerdeck.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Comment

Thanks Kiran

Comment

Have a look in 'system maintenance > Misc' you'll find a button which says "purge deletions"
                Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be

Comment

I will do that Neil, not sure I recall seeing this before

Comment

Well, I dont appear to have this option under the maint - misc tab Neil, it just shows the time date and number of the last back up,,,or am I missing the point?

Comment

Thats weird mark,
                      have attached screen dump of how my system looks including the button. I guess yours doesn't look the same then?
                      Attached Files
                      Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be

Comment

No I have not got the blue tick........

Comment

Hi Mark/Nick

Development say that the minus stock report is run against the database and it does not verify if the product has been flagged as deleted, that is why it shows up in the report and like Neil has already suggested they too recomend doing the purge of deleted items. If all of this still does not help then please can you register a support query so support can look into if further because there might be orphaned products causing this.

Kind Regards
                          Kiran Chandran
                          Technical Support - SellerDeck
                          http://www.sellerdeck.co.uk/

Further help can also be found at http://community.sellerdeck.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Comment

Working...
                          X