• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bit the bullet

Done it

Now on V8.5.2 and upgraded the link server

Steve

And The Results Are?

Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
    Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Bingo

Cut and Paste on V8 is quick
      Apply on V8 instant
      Stock Transfering OK
      Open V8 with link server on is Instant ect

Steve
      Calico Crafts Ltd
      www.calicocrafts.co.uk

Comment

Yep....I've got to agree. Copy/Paste functions are now quick and opening with Manage Stock in EPOS doesn't hang when opening. All in all I've been finding it a lot easier to work with

Well done Actinic
        www.ecclestonanglingcentre.co.uk

Comment

One thing I have noticed though is that now that the booting up of Actinic Business is now faster.....the uploading of the site takes a lot longer.

Is this happening with anyone else?

Comment

Try turning the server off while uploading.

I know this is not the right way to do it, but I am sure Actinic will eventually sort this problem out but make sure you turn the server back on before downloading orders, otherwise it will allocate your stock in EPOS as a minus allocation. we do it in the following order

1. Server on, test connection
            2. Download orders. This will allocate in EPOS
            3. Ship orders. This will take the goods out of Allocation.
            4. Server off and make sure the stock box in V8 is Red
            5. Upload the stock changes in V8.
            6. Server back on.

Comment

At the moment the orders are downloaded on a different machine (at the premises) and delivered from there.

We have only been running EPOS for the last couple of months and have not fully integrated it yet....so it's not a problem at the moment but will be in the future.

My setup:
              • Computer at premises with Business and EPOS installed (orders taken there)
              • Computer at home with Business and EPOS installed (Design and uploading done there)

I have tried to get the EPOS at the premises to communicate with Business at home so that stock information can be updated but I've not had much luck so far

My way around this was going to be:

Exporting EPOS at the end of the day at the premises, sending the file home, importing it into EPOS at home therefore updating my stock on Business at home, then uploading the site/stock from home.

Does the above seem like a viable option....as I've not had time to try it yet? Can you see any problems that I might encounter doing it this way?

Kind regards

Comment

Hi there

I'm going to ask development for a second opinion about this and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Kind Regards
                Kiran Chandran
                Technical Support - SellerDeck
                http://www.sellerdeck.co.uk/

Further help can also be found at http://community.sellerdeck.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Comment

Originally posted by Kiran
                  Hi there

I'm going to ask development for a second opinion about this and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Kind Regards
                  Hi Kiran......I'd appreciate that

Thank you

Comment

Hi

Development have come back saying that your method would be fine from the stock management point of view, If EPOS stock export/import is managed properly, the home computer should work the same way as stock changes would have been processed on it.

Regards
                    Kiran Chandran
                    Technical Support - SellerDeck
                    http://www.sellerdeck.co.uk/

Further help can also be found at http://community.sellerdeck.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Comment

Originally posted by Kiran
                      Hi

Development have come back saying that your method would be fine from the stock management point of view, If EPOS stock export/import is managed properly, the home computer should work the same way as stock changes would have been processed on it.

Regards
                      Cheers Kiran......at least I know I'm heading in the right direction

Comment

Thought I'd try it out today as we're intending on barcoding all the products next week sometime....but I seem to be running into problems
                        • I completed an export from the EPOS system at the shop using the Data/Backup option in EPOS

• Sent the backup via email to home then completed a restore in my EPOS at home.....then all hell broke loose!!

Couldn't logon to my EPOS at home and kept getting the error message saying that there was no users on the system

Anyone any ideas?

I've had to unistall/reinstall EPOS at home just so it would work again but don't want to complete a restore from the backup I've taken from the shop just in case it goes 'tits-up' again

Any help would be appreciated

Comment

The above has now been sorted....it was a corrupt file

Comment

Working...
                          X