Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem since upgrading from 3.06 to 3.10

Hi,

We’ve just upgraded to 3.10 to overcome the ‘error processing account tenders’ error, which has been well documented on this forum. Since doing so, I have been left with a minor (yet rather irritating) niggle, which I cannot find a resolution for.

Before the upgrade (i.e. when using 3.06) various selectable items were highlighted, ready for the next key press. For example, from the sales screen, if a scanned item was to red screen, you would press ‘menu’ and ‘Cancel –Redscreen’ would be pre selected ready for you to hit OK.

This applies to all areas within Actinic Epos where a selection from a list is needed (e.g. product lookup results, when discounting a line, when changing the price of an item etc.).

Now, using version 3.10, instead of items like this being pre-selected, they have a dotted line around them. If you were to forget to make you selection prior to pressing OK, you get an ‘invalid use of null’ error message and the egg timer is displayed.

You can cancel the screen when this happens, so you do get the option to try again, so it is just a niggle; but it is annoying all the same.

Is there a setting somewhere I can change to resolve this issue?

Many thanks,

Nick.

Can't answer your question Nick,but same happens here. We use the "look up" quite a bit and even when only one product is in the list you still have to select it to continue where as before the process (like the red screen ) was automatic,

We have had this system for 3 1/2 years now so operational things like this being changed are a pain, "old dogs and new tricks etc"
    www.devotedly-discus.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Mark...

I'm pleased to see that this is not something I have done, I was beginning to wonder!

Anyhow, if it is a change created by Actinic, is there any way they can change it back, as it makes serving customers a less straight forward than before?

Like you we've had this system installed for a couple of years now, and changing from auto-pilot may take some doing!

Many thanks.

Nick.

Comment

We are also on version 3.10 and struggle with this, it is not intuative and would agree that it should highlight the first option/selection

Comment

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, I am having a word with the team. I'll keep you posted.
          Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Darren,

It would be great if this could be changed back to how it was before.

Kind regards,

Nick.

Comment

Hi all

It makes sense, I can't make any promises at this point but it makes sense to put it back how it was, when I know more I'll post again, didn't want you all thinking I had forgotten :-)
              Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

That's great Darren

Thanks for keeping us informed.

Just out of interest, is it likely to just be a hotfix we can apply, or is it likely to be another reinstall?

Many thanks.

Nick.

Comment

This is a huge pain in the backside for us too

Forced to upgrade and ended up with a downgraded (IMO) version.

Do we need to add to the wish list?

Comment

Do we need to add to the wish list?
                    No need thanks, I have scheduled it for fixing in 3.1.1, no date as yet I am afraid.

It will be a full release that will just need to be installed over the top of your existing versions. We only do hotfixes if there is an extreme emergency.
                    Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

"We only do hotfixes if there is an extreme emergency."

Is there a hotfix coming for the accounts issue then?

In my opinion, as annoying as the "error processing account tenders" popups are/were, they are not as extreme an emergency as the removal of account functionality from the product.
                      It's over two weeks now and I no longer have the ability to record the transactions of my account customers. I could live with the pop-up windows if I could have this back.

Comment

Problem since upgrading from 3.06 to 3.10

Originally posted by GaryG View Post
                        "We only do hotfixes if there is an extreme emergency."

Is there a hotfix coming for the accounts issue then?

In my opinion, as annoying as the "error processing account tenders" popups are/were, they are not as extreme an emergency as the removal of account functionality from the product.
                        It's over two weeks now and I no longer have the ability to record the transactions of my account customers. I could live with the pop-up windows if I could have this back.

Hello Gary

If your till\s point to a Server, please can you check the database paths are pointing to the Server database files. - Setup\Connect.

Thanks

Andy

Comment

Working...
                        X