internal link url

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

internal link url

can anyone tell me how to view & adjust the internal link address on a product? please....I guess its design view/tab, but where & what from there?

A product doesn't have an internal link you can adjust, the page (section) on which it sits is the place you would link to and what you would adjust. If you have multiple products on a page and you wanted to link to a specific product on a page, then you'd use the product anchor which is part of the product layout. Easiest way to understand those is a quick Google search on page anchors and then click on a product in a marketing list and note the URL formation in your address bar. You'll see each product has an anchor, linked to its product reference i do believe, as they are unique to each product obviously.

PS - stay clear of the design tab, no need to go in there, you could easily break something without even knowing in there, scary place!

Comment

Thanks lee, just that i have had a new domain name to use for my site, the home page is pointed to the new name but when i click on a products etc it then shows the old domain name in the address bar, have been told i need to change all the internal lnternal links & dont quite know where these are to be found.....

Comment

Hmm, that sounds a bit weird, actinic links everything up internally anyway, so i can only presume you have hard coded links/menus on the site. A link will only go off to another site if it is directly told to, usually by a full URL, internal linking within actinic is usually just done by page name alone and thus stays on the domain on where it was clicked. You'd need to show an example, sounds very strange on the surface. In essence all you should have to do is change your network settings in actinic to those of your new domain name and upload, the rest is done for you.

Comment

Have you tried clearing your browser cache?

Comment

Yes duncan, apparently its the links internally that are still being looked as they are pointing to the old named locations, i want to change them to the new name locations, it all works but old domain coming up in address bar

Comment

@lee......www.airbrushandpaint.co.uk, this opems then when you look at a priduct it shows the OLD domain name in the addess bar

Comment

The BASEHREF is wrong - have you checked your network settings?

Comment

Really not sure how that is done

Comment

Its after a bit of a work round really, as i have had to have new domain so its laid over the old for a few months to whilst its all picked up by the serchers etc

Comment

Export your network settings, remove the passwords and usernames and post the seetings here in code tags so we can see what's going on.

Comment

Working...
                      X