Images - Products File

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Images - Products File

There's an option to add product images in - Products File/Details/Add Image(Camera Icon)

Is there a specific file type/image size/path needed for this as I can't seem to get an image to preview in there.
    www.ecclestonanglingcentre.co.uk

Hi

As far as I'm aware these picture can be off JPEG, JPG or BMP format and they need to be stored within the C:\checkout\images folder. I'm not very sure about a size though, how big are your images?

Kind Regards
    Kiran Chandran
    Technical Support - SellerDeck
    http://www.sellerdeck.co.uk/

Further help can also be found at http://community.sellerdeck.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Comment

Originally posted by Kiran
      Hi

As far as I'm aware these picture can be off JPEG, JPG or BMP format and they need to be stored within the C:\checkout\images folder. I'm not very sure about a size though, how big are your images?

Kind Regards
      Hi Kiran - I've tried JPEG, GIF, BMP formats. They are placed in the 'image' folder in checkout and I've tried all sizes from 80 X 80 pix to 298 X 298 pix.

They are placed in folders within the c:\checkout\image folder. Maybe they need to be in there ouside of the folders I've put them in?

I'll try this out and get back to you

Comment

Nope - that didn't work. Just tried a single JPEG image file of 80 X 80 pix in the image folder. I'm presuming the greyed out square next to the camera and delete icons is a preview pane? If so, it doesn’t show up in there

Any ideas?

Comment

I don't actually use this feature but my curiosity got the better of me after reading your post....

Main Menu > Products > Details (or web - both seem to work)
          Click on camera icon browse to image file (doesn't have to be in images folder)
          select Image and it appears in preview pane.

It appears that it will only work with images in .bmp format, by default the file type is set in EPOS. Works fine for me and if I return to POS screen the image is visible in the button items preview.

Hope that helps.
          Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be

Comment

Originally posted by Neil_P
            I don't actually use this feature but my curiosity got the better of me after reading your post....

Main Menu > Products > Details (or web - both seem to work)
            Click on camera icon browse to image file (doesn't have to be in images folder)
            select Image and it appears in preview pane.

It appears that it will only work with images in .bmp format, by default the file type is set in EPOS. Works fine for me and if I return to POS screen the image is visible in the button items preview.

Hope that helps.
            How very odd!! that's not happening at my end. Just tried it with a .bmp image and I get no preview

If you don't mind me asking, what image size were you working with?

There's not a main option in the software that switches images on/off is there?

Comment

I just used the actinic_logo.bmp in the checkout folder whichis 250x205 @ 150kb. I just checked through the setup options and can't see a 'global picture on/off' type option so I think it should work by default. Try the same bitmap file and see how you get on.

Comment

Puzzling It's a no go here! Used the Actinic_Logo.bmp from the 'checkout' folder......not a peep of a picture/preview.

Comment

Weird. Are you using the current version of Epos (2.73 I hope or mines out of date!)

Also bit of a long shot - I googled "Access runtime and images" seems that there is an issue displaying images on machines with only Access runtime installed. Most of what I read was more to do with Programming issues and workarounds, but it is all related to MS graphics filters which are not installed with runtime versions of Access. I don't think many people use the images feature in Epos which would explain why, if there is an issue it hasn't been flagged yet.

Quote from post on thescripts.com - "If you are using Image controls (in a runtime environment), the user must have installed the graphics
                  filters that come with Office or standalone MS Word."

ie. Access runtime cannot display external images itself, instead it relies on an external MS application or at least a component of it. I already have a full version of Office installed on my machine, maybe thats why it works on mine?
                  Apparently the MS picture and fax viewer which ships with Windows also uses the same, so it may be worth installing that from your windoze disc.

Then again I could be completely wrong!! This is total guess work - I just hate being beaten.

Comment

I'm using 2.92 and have Windows Picture and Fax Viewer already installed on the machine.

There's a web option tab: Product File/Product File/Web Tab and images are not showing up in there either

Comment

Downloading new version now! As a registered user paying my support fee every month, it would be nice if Tech support :
                      a) sent out an upgrade disc
                      b) informed me of the release
                      or at least
                      c) posted an announcement on the forum

**support team please take note**

Anyway, I'll install the new version and let you know what happens. It may be a couple of days I'm not sure if I want to install a new version without trialling it off the network first, I'd hate to lose or corrupt my data. Its taken ages to set up and cleanse my stockfile and I'd rather not have any disruption at the tills either. As an aside did you upgrade or have you always been on the newer version?

Comment

Originally posted by Neil_P
                        Downloading new version now! As a registered user paying my support fee every month, it would be nice if Tech support :
                        a) sent out an upgrade disc
                        b) informed me of the release
                        or at least
                        c) posted an announcement on the forum

**support team please take note**

Anyway, I'll install the new version and let you know what happens. It may be a couple of days I'm not sure if I want to install a new version without trialling it off the network first, I'd hate to lose or corrupt my data. Its taken ages to set up and cleanse my stockfile and I'd rather not have any disruption at the tills either. As an aside did you upgrade or have you always been on the newer version?
                        No, it wasn't an uprade.....it was a fresh install of 2.92.

Think I'll raise this with support.....I'll let you know how I get on

Thank you for time

Comment

Hi

I'm going to have to run this past development. As soon as I have an answer/possible solution from them I'll get back to you.

Kind Regards
                          Kiran Chandran
                          Technical Support - SellerDeck
                          http://www.sellerdeck.co.uk/

Further help can also be found at http://community.sellerdeck.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Comment

In the meantime I've had an email from Peter Ainsworth (email support) who suggested that it may be because the 'Office Convertor' pack failed to install during my initial installation. I installed this since but it has made no difference

Cheers Kiran, I'll look forward to hearing from you

Comment

Has there been any news regarding the problem I am having with images? Please see above

Comment

Working...
                              X