Error processing account tenders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Ben
    The 3.07 hot fix worked ok for us ,thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Knees1 View Post
      Hi Ben
      The 3.07 hot fix worked ok for us ,thanks.
      Great stuff, thanks for the feedback
      Benjamin Dyer
      CEO - SellerDeck Ecommerce Software for SME's

SellerDeck is the new name for Actinic Desktop

Have you tried searching the Knowledge Base?

Comment

Same problem here, can I simply remove actinic and replace with 3.10 then pop the .mdb files back into checkout?

Just did a dummy run by installing 3.10, copied over .and the error remains, this is getting rather tedious.

Comment

How does this affect accounts, there are loads on the till I am trying to get running correctly, the owner has stated that if there is any loss due to software he will be happy to receive a cheque from Actinic to cover the failure, at this time it would probably be approaching £1,000.

Comment

Tim, I am a complete numpty with computers, but followed the "instructions" to the letter and to my delight our till functions fine for day to day cash sales, there are a couple of issues with it which I have posted.

I would still like to know what caused the issue?
            www.devotedly-discus.co.uk

Comment

I think I have it working properly but like yourself I would like to know what caused the problem and what else has it affected.

Long time no see Mark.

Comment

Two questions if anyone can help me -

1) I'm running version 2.92. Can I upgrade directly to 3.10 from here, or do I need to upgrade to some interim version first?

2) There seem to be people complaining of issues relating to accounts - I can't upgrade if it's going to mess with my accounts. Can anyone shed some more light on this - what are the issues? How can you test whether you're affected once you upgrade?

thanks in advance folks

Comment

I have successfully updated from 3.06 and the accounts are fine, be interesting to see how long it runs without any problems.

Comment

Hi

I have spent two days trying to get my EPOS working. The office computer is now working with some errors. The touch screen till does not work at all. I am also unable to downlaod the new software as the computer shuts down each time I click run. I think I will have to replace this computer with a laptop as a result of this error. Actinic support has been very unknowledable. However, I have been provided information on how to uninstall. It is not simply a matter of uninstalling actinic. First back up the six data base files (not checkout).

All the the following need to be ininstalled:
                    Actinic EPOS
                    Microsoft Access 2002 Runtime
                    Microsoft Office Converter Pack
                    DK2 and DK3 drivers
                    Epson OPOS ADK V2.50

Restart computer and then delete checkout folder.

Geraldine
                    Stardust Funky Kids T-Shirts

Comment

Originally posted by SandraC View Post
                      Nope, it wasn't tested. Works fine for cash sales, but it still doesn't work for accounts.
                      Does the latest bug fix work for accounts now? I still haven't received an email from Actinic regarding a release so assume not..?

Comment

Originally posted by calljj View Post
                        Does the latest bug fix work for accounts now? I still haven't received an email from Actinic regarding a release so assume not..?
                        yes I am also still wondering about this. I guess I won't be updating over the weekend then...frustrating!

Comment

Originally posted by calljj View Post
                          well, one thing I've just noticed - I haven't upgraded and no account transactions have been recorded since the error started appearing which is going to be a pretty major headache for me now

it's a pity this wasn't diagnosed earlier or flagged by actinic support. I was waiting all week until there was some word about whether the "fix" would work with accounts but I haven't heard confirmation of that, now I realise that the un-fixed version doesn't work with accounts either.

Comment

Just a tip that worked for me if you're having problems installing the checkout.mde file. I'm running one till on Vista and one on Windows 7.

After backing it up and replacing it with the hot fix file, just check the properties tab of the new checkout.mde file to check that it's unblocked and that your users have full access.
                            Nick

Comment

Originally posted by GaryG View Post
                              well, one thing I've just noticed - I haven't upgraded and no account transactions have been recorded since the error started appearing which is going to be a pretty major headache for me now

it's a pity this wasn't diagnosed earlier or flagged by actinic support. I was waiting all week until there was some word about whether the "fix" would work with accounts but I haven't heard confirmation of that, now I realise that the un-fixed version doesn't work with accounts either.
                              Whilst I have got rid of the anoying error messages by installing the fixed checkout.mde file, I have just realised that my credit account customers records have not been updated since 10 April.

Is there any news on this from Actinic on how to fix this and recover the lost transactions?

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by pyknicpie View Post
                                Whilst I have got rid of the anoying error messages by installing the fixed checkout.mde file, I have just realised that my credit account customers records have not been updated since 10 April.

Is there any news on this from Actinic on how to fix this and recover the lost transactions?

Nick
                                am I right in saying that whether you update to the "fix" or not, the accounts feature of Actinic EPOS no longer works?
                                is this officially accepted by support and are they working on correcting it or was the fix just for the error messages displaying?

Comment

Working...
                                X