V8 Mu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V8 Mu

Anyone using 7.5 MU been brave enough yet?

I have just spent a few weeks redesigning and incorporated a few Liquid ideas but really would like to go 100% CSS.

I used my original V7 Developer for initial design before copying to 7.5MU.

Presumably I could upgrade my V7Dev to V8 and work in this prior to upgrading our network MU in the autumn?

You may find that V8 is not 100% css, it does seem to use inline font styles and tables in its themes. Checkout some of the other threads.

Comment

There shouldn't be any inline font styles anywhere in Actinic. Please report it as a bu if you find any as I thought I had rooted them all out.

With regards to tables, if you want to start your design with an 100% table free outer page layout then check out the 'Contemporary' and 'Clean Layout Using CSS' themes. You can then get rid of CSS for the product list by choosing the 'Bare Product List' layout for the product list. There are still tables used for the checkout etc, but most of the different layout elements that make up the design in v8 have a table-free layout option - you just need to experiment a bit.

Comment

for comtemporary can you explain the differences and function actinic.css, theme.css and the presence of inline style sheet please, why is there 3 csses

Comment

for comtemporary can you explain the differences and function actinic.css, theme.css and the presence of inline style sheet please, why is there 3 csses
          The main actinic stylesheet contains styles for all themes, but the inline styles in the <head> section of Contemporary contain the styles that are just needed for that page.

I'm thinking this is a bug and I need to clarify where the styles are stored as at the minute they are a bit all over the place. I was worried about the correct styles always appearing when they are needed, without thinking aobut how tricky it would be for a designer to customise.

Comment

I need to clarify where the styles are stored as at the minute they are a bit all over the place.
            Ok I can live with the inline style, although I shall simply remove it from being inline to placing it in actinic.css

what about the themes.css ?

Comment

All good stuff and I am logging it away for when I get back from hols but is there any chance of an answer to my original post?

It is important to me that I can work away from MU until I am ready to go live and then I need to know things work in MU.

Comment

Presumably I could upgrade my V7Dev to V8 and work in this prior to upgrading our network MU in the autumn?
                It has been stated that whilst v8 is in beta there is no guarantee that you will be able to carry any work done in beta across to production

Comment

Working...
                X