Site Up load hang on checking discount setup file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site Up load hang on checking discount setup file

Currently trying to upload our site, and it has be sat overnight on sending base files - Checking discount setup file.

I have tried a compact repair through Access

It also comes up with record locked when I click cancel on the upload!?

I have checked that the cat is still in access 2000 as some of the forums threads suggest.

Anymore ideas out there?

Neil

Hi

This happens to me as well, although after hanging for about 10 minutes it then carries on uploading.

The discounts are all in place, and this problem does not occur when uploading to the test site.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Thorp View Post
      Hi

This happens to me as well, although after hanging for about 10 minutes it then carries on uploading.

The discounts are all in place, and this problem does not occur when uploading to the test site.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Paul
      Hi Paul

I did a get this resloved by ERIC at Actinic.

My problem was where actininc adds copy_of everytime you create a page with the same name!

he gave me a sql script to run on my site which solved my problem.

It might be worth giving him a shout if you have business cover with them!

I do have the sql script but it is quite risky running it!

Neil

Comment

Thanks Neil.

I spoke to Eric and tried this, but unfortunately it has not cured it.

Regards

Paul

Comment

I have now the same problem......
          Could you tell me the solution?

Thank you,

Bruno

Comment

I would give Actinic a call as it seems various things can cause this problem!

Sorry not to be more help!

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Thorp View Post
              Thanks Neil.

I spoke to Eric and tried this, but unfortunately it has not cured it.

Regards

Paul
              Have you tried delete all unused discount and purge content?

Comment

Originally posted by neilspinney View Post
                Currently trying to upload our site, and it has be sat overnight on sending base files - Checking discount setup file.
                same thing happening with my www.datamind.co.uk site. Actinic -any suggestions?

v 10.0.2

Chris Street
                Chris Street BSc (Hons) MBA
                Data-Mind
                Computer Peripherals est.1999
                BeSeenOnABike
                Bike Safety products est. 2005

Comment

Hi,

Now I have no more problem. I just have compacted the database, refreshed all the website, and now, it's ok. Why? How? ..Euhh, I don't know

Comment

Just had similar error when uploading file that was converted from ver 8 to 10.
                    Did main work on my main system on ver 10.2 and all OK
                    then moved to my clients own laptop which I had installed ver 10.3 on moved site over via a snapshot and got this problem.
                    "Checking discount setup file" and it is just sitting at this now.
                    I tried stopping (Cancel) it and compacted database. We are not using Discounts but I removed the demo one before compacting.
                    Problem still there - is at the moment just sitting trying to check this discount file.
                    based on neilspinney comment I am going to go make some coffee and make a few calls and come back to it in a we while - will post result here but if anyone has any more ideas I would love to hear them as progress may have been made in last few months since the last posting.
                    Thanks
                    David Cunningham

www.truska.com
                    -----------------------------
                    ECommerce (SellerDeck) & Web Design, Hosting, Search Engine Optimisation, Social Media and Remote Backup (Truska Backup)

Comment

Did not work - contacted Actinic - diagnoses maybe a local issue, successfully managed to upload from 10.2 on different PC (Win 7 64-bit).
                      Also the ftp log file seemed to indicate it was a connection issue? - funny as both PC's used us the same internet connection.

Anyhow going to downgrade client PC (Vista) to 10.2 to keep them the same and test again....
                      David Cunningham

www.truska.com
                      ECommerce (SellerDeck) & Web Design, Hosting, Search Engine Optimisation, Social Media and Remote Backup (Truska Backup)

Comment

Problem resolved -
                        "Checking discount setup file" just a decoy

was firewall issue - Catalog not allowed two way communication

felt really stupid - one of the first things I always tell clients to check - are the cables in OK, re boot and/or reset and check the firewall..
                        Did I do it -........

Hope this helps others.
                        David Cunningham

www.truska.com

Comment

Working...
                        X