Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exporting customer order data from Actinic

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help. We need to be able to export order data (the customers' contact details, what they ordered, prices, delivery instructions, etc) from Actinic (preferably as an Excel or .csv file) on a daily basis. It would need to be in a format with all transactions in one file. This is so that we can then import the data into our separate orders & accounting system. We don't set customers up with accounts in Actinic.

I've contacted Actinic support and they say it's not currently possible. But I wonder if anyone can suggest any modifications, plug-ins, etc that would facilitate this?

Many thanks

Jon

You can Export the orders to get 99% of this information into some Excel files (Orders, Orderlines, Person, Payments etc). You will then need to link the data using the field IDs in the files into a format you can use for your other systems. It isn't possible to have all the data in one file as there are a number of one to many relationships which will see by the field IDs I mentioned.

Failing that you will need to run queries on the database to collect the data you need.

Comment

You can pull the data you want straight into excel by doing a database query on the Actinic database. (Data>Get external data).

Some of the info you need is in different tables but Actinic should be able to supply you with a data diagram showing where all the info is located.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks guys for your help. I'll try having a good look through the database when I get back in the office. Cheers!

Comment

Go to Settings| Business Settings | Order Processing and tick "Enable exptort to files" checkbox.

Then try playing around with Operations | Reports | Export tab.

Chris

Comment

Hi Jon,

We have a plugin that might help you as well, it's called One Stop Order Processing and it allows you to create custom exports from Actinic. You can find more details and a free trial here :

http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/Mul...r-Actinic.html

What you would probably need to do is to create a new view, including product details, you can base it on one of the standard ones and modify it to have the fields that you want.

The difference between this, using excel and using the standard Actinic export is that the exported details are on one line in the output (with multiple lines included where the order has more than one item), the other methods have the data in several tables or files that you then need to combine.

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
            X