Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Change colour of background outside the main page in silver theme?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change colour of background outside the main page in silver theme?

Is there some kind of bug in v10?

I want to change the colour of the silver theme background outside the main page to black, when i do this the background colour of the external popup windows also changes to black.

This in turn means you simply can't see the writing in the popup windows.

any suggestions with this?

somebody said to firebug the live site but this didn't work as i still can't find out which piece of code to alter.

It's not a bug, extended info pages are styled to the same rules as the main site and share the same theme colours. Extended info pages are however layouts in their own right, therefore you can set your own rules for these, your layouts can be seen in the design > library.

If you have black showing through, i'd guess at you not having a background color of white applied to the container holding the content, whereas on the main site template it probably has.

Comment

I noticed something confusing about the silver theme background as well.

In site options:general
      store is using a background colour is set to 'true'
      but changing the background colour in
      design:themes:advanced:background doesnt change the background colour of the background.
      The background on silver theme seems to be using Pallette colour 3 ?
      Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

what section of the design library would this be in then please?

Comment

I don't know the name off the top of my head, but it's very obvious if you have a mooch, will of course have 'extended info' in the name.

Comment

The css for the background color in the silver theme is in the design of the outer layout - see attached. It is also defined in the Actinic Stylesheet but is overwritten by the outer design in the page code. Not good I agree but that's the way it is with this theme.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Duncan,

Ok Gotcha.
              Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

I am even unable to switch the outer layout of the web page which is normally grey from black back to grey?

how is this done?

i have altered all the colours in the design. themes. advanced theme configuration. colours to white and the outer layout still shows black.

also tried the abouve method by drounding of altering palette 3 to a different colour and this had no effect.

Comment

Is it online - do you have a URL?
                  Are you using Firefox/Firebug to trace the css?

Comment

Originally posted by JamesD View Post
                    Is there some kind of bug in v10?

I want to change the colour of the silver theme background outside the main page to black, when i do this the background colour of the external popup windows also changes to black.

This in turn means you simply can't see the writing in the popup windows.

any suggestions with this?

somebody said to firebug the live site but this didn't work as i still can't find out which piece of code to alter.
                    url is not same as current situation so won't help !!

Comment

If you click to preview a page, you can then paste that address into Firefox, so you can firebug. Rather difficult to help without seeing it as you can imagine.

Comment

if you go to

www.morgans-of-oswestry.co.uk

you see the grey bits to the left and right of the the main page area.

these are now black in my preview and i don't know how to change them back to grey?

it should surely be a very simple thing but like i mentioned when i use firebug and i click on this part of the screen no code is shown.

Comment

In the <HEAD> area of that site, just after the actinic css is loaded, it looks like your designer has added some css of his own to give the body tag a BG color. Mirror what he has done on the extended info layout. Personally i write my own body tag styling here and use no system stuff as i often want an image and a BG color, actinic doesn't allow that as standard. Plus if you create your own, you don't need to use design themes or site options to control it, just write it yourself.

The grey area is a BG image, defined in site options i'd imagine, if not showing, i'd presume you either changed the image incorrectly or you have set in site options that the site is to use a colour instead, not a background image. Either or choice in actinic.

Comment

Working...
                          X