No announcement yet.

Single Product Page Converter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The converter will only work on a v11 site. It converts sites to use the Product Pages that were introduced in v11. This page type is not available in earlier versions, so the converter cannot work with those.
    Bruce Townsend
    Ecommerce Product Manager
    Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Safety settings prohibit . .

Previous posters in this thread reported the error message when trying to run the converter, "Safety settings on this computer prohibit accessing a data source on another domain", and there is reply saying to right click on the files in the converter, selecting Properties, and clicking to unblock. However, in my case there is nothing in Properties about blocking or unblocking and I cannot find where to get the safety settings changed. My IT support people are not available and I was hoping to get this done today. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Sarah

Comment

What OS are you running? W7 32bit, W7 64bit, WinXP?

Comment

Operating System

Thank you Duncan for getting back to me. Actinic and the converter are on Microsoft Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server, Service Pack 2. I am at present accessing it using vpn on a laptop running Windows XP.

Sarah

Comment

Could it be the vpn?

Perhaps it is because I am accessing the server remotely using vpn, and if I were to get off my . . . chair and drive to the office where the server is it might then work?

Sarah

Comment

Shame, not the solution

I got off my chair and went into work this Bank Holiday evening to see if the vpn connection to the server was causing the error message. Unfortunately not. Looks like I will have to wait until I can speak to Actinic and/or our IT guys when they are back at work so upgrading the site will just have to wait. I have done searches on Google and seen several suggestions, none of which worked in my case. Once I get it solved I shall post it on here.

Sarah

Comment

Solution

I dealt with the problem by going into Internet Explorer, Tools, Internet Options, Security, Trusted Sites, Custom, Miscellaneous and changed from disallow to prompt for data across domains.

I had previously tried this for Internet and Intranet, as somebody had suggested somewhere, but that didn't work.

Sarah

Comment

Originally posted by brucet View Post
                  For sites upgrading to version 11 that want to implement the new Product Page feature, we now have a beta release of a conversion utility that can automatically enable Product Pages for all products in your catalogue. It also allows you to choose link options and a few other settings.

This utility can also convert Extended Information Pages to Product Pages, for sites that have implemented a 'single product per page' layout using the Advanced User Guide method.

For more information and to download the app, see www.actinic.co.uk/about/Beta.php4

Please feed back any comments to our Beta support forum. We will try to correct any major issues, but please bear in mind this is a free utility designed to make the process a bit easier, and not a universal solution.
                  The link seems to point to the 11.02 beta rather than the conversion utility?

Comment

See here. towards the bottom of the page: www.actinic.co.uk/about/v11.php4

Comment

SPP Converter - Product Title, Page Name , Meta Data not copied over ?

Seems like the SPP converter doesnt copy over the Section Name, Title and meta descriptions to the product !?
                      - is there a way to copy the sections (single product per page created by making sub-sections per product) data over to the product page ?

please dont suggest manual copy-paste - have over 6000 products so thats a NO NO

Thank You

Comment

We did investigate automating the conversion of sites from single product subsections to Product Pages, but unfortunately it proved too complex. The converter can globally implement or change Product Page settings in your site, and it can fully convert sites that already have single product per page using the Extended Information Page method. But it cannot move single products out of subsections and into their parent sections and then delete the subsections.
                        Bruce Townsend

Comment

moving products out of sections shouldnt be a problem..

i dont think the moving products out of sections would be too hard
                          in access need to trace the product 'nParentsectionID' (on 'Product' table) to the 'nSectionID' and get the corresponding 'nParentSectionID' (on 'Catalog Section' table) and replace the value on the 'Product' table 'nParentsectionID'

that would move the product out of the subsection ...

same method can be used to move all the subsections into 1 parent section so it would be easy to delete

the question was if theres a way of copying the sub-section name,title & meta-data over to the relevant product useing the converter ?

if not then i can see that useing the sectionID-s it should be possible to copy from the 'Catalog Section' table to 'Product' table.

Think i answered the question of how anyway so thx

Comment

That should work, although I couldn't guarantee that the products will end up in the parent section in the correct order.

At the risk of stating the obvious, do back up your database first!
                            Bruce Townsend

Comment

Products Order

Good point - to keep the order - would need to copy over the 'Catalogue section sequence' to 'Product Sequence'

from 'Catalog section' table to 'Product' table

anything else we should look out for ?

cheers

Comment

Nothing else that I can think of. Let us know how it goes.
                                Bruce Townsend

Comment

Working...
                                X