Host for a managed dedicated server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Host for a managed dedicated server

As I am not very technicalyy, does anyone have anysuggestions for a host to offer a managed deicicated server - ideally with some Sellerdeck experience.

We are with Heart Intenet currently and their deicated or VPS servers are not managed,

Simialrly SellerDeck hosting is not mnaged when on dedicated server,

We need to move away from a shared server so we can improve the security levels for our sites.

Thanks

James
    www.butterflies-healthcare.co.uk
    www.viteyes.co.uk - vitamins for macular degeneration
    www.natorigin.co.uk - natural/organic cosmetics and skin care for sensitive skin & eyes
    www.butterflies-eyecare.co.uk - eye drops, vitamins and other eye care products
    www.prescription-swimming-goggles.co.uk - optical and prescription swimming goggles

You could try Stuart at www.ee-scape.com (01485 579363), they have Sellerdeck experience and hosting packages, unsure if they offer what you want but it is worth contacting them.
    Mash

Comment

We use UKFAST who are a bit expensive but great support system, a engineer used to answer the support number in about 5 rings but now more like 30 rings

They don't know sellerdeck but mine and a few others has run well since about 2005
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

Thank you all, got some options now.

James
        www.butterflies-healthcare.co.uk
        www.viteyes.co.uk - vitamins for macular degeneration
        www.natorigin.co.uk - natural/organic cosmetics and skin care for sensitive skin & eyes
        www.butterflies-eyecare.co.uk - eye drops, vitamins and other eye care products
        www.prescription-swimming-goggles.co.uk - optical and prescription swimming goggles

Comment

If a server is set up for Sellerdeck requirements there is not really anything else the server side can do to manage it apart from backups

I know with my experience of ukfast that they do not change anything on the server like upgrades to php or similar unless you specifically ask them to so you do get a fixed setup and just emails suggesting possible upgrades etc.

From reading the forum , many problems seem to be the company changing something on all their servers at once and having no knowledge on how it will effect users
          Chris Ashdown

Comment

Working...
          X