Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uk fast

Hello

More of a UK Fast issue with regards to DKIM/SPF. Sadly my server with them was hacked at the same time as the NHS was, my server was sending out 32,000+ emails over several hours. Consequently I was blacklisted all over the place and had no idea about what to do

I have managed to delist my IP from most of them thankfully, but Gmail is proving impossible having filled out their delisting forms twice now

I went on the Google forum and some guro mentioned I need to add Dmarc to my MX records...I'm not a NASA engineer. UK Fast support can't help me??

I found that I need to enable DKIM on the Cpanel when I log in to UK Fast, the question is, has anyone else had this issue and for any UK Fast customers if you have, is it at all possible for seeing a screen shot of what you done to enable this Dmarc stuff?

Best regards
    "Mr Desperate For Help"
    Attached Files

Sorry I cannot help with your question but do use UKFAST and find them very helpful all the time

What they did suggest to me many years ago was to limit entry to the server by using my fixed ip address only so may be of some use to you. they set it up

But only drawback is if you need to work from another ip address then you are logged out, but how often do you need to contact the server anyway
    Chris Ashdown

Comment

Are you sure you really need DMARC? I'd have thought SPF and DKIM would probably be sufficient.

From what I can see, DMARC is more about preventing phishing attacks by checking that the sending domain and 'from' domain are alligned (with extra bits to say what to do if an email fails and how to tell you about it).

To come back to your original question, DMARC is implemented by adding specific TXT records to your domain's DNS records. You probably have to understand the details to make sure you end up getting it right although there are some DMARC generators out there that will generate the TXT record for you.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks guys. I do have another issue but I'll make a new thread for this

Comment

Working...
        X