Google noCATPCHA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google noCATPCHA

I've been testing Google's new version of reCaptcha on a website outside of SellerDeck for some time now, and it might be a good future feature fof form completion on SellerDeck sites.

noCaptcha (or the new reCaptcha) presents the user with a checkbox to tick, rather than requesting they identify some distorted text/number pattern. It looks at how the user moves their mouse and interacts with the checkbox and what it does afterwards, so something that goes in a direct line to the checkbox would be identified as a bot. I'm not sure, but I think it also takes a look at past browsing history to help determine whether the user is a human or not. Exactly how it does it is Google's secret at the moment, but it definitely seems to be a better option than the older version of reCaptcha.

In all cases, it uses the old style of reCaptcha system with the distorted letters/numbers or the new version where you identify images which match a keyphrase ("select all the pictures of cake").

This might be more secure, since reCaptcha has become quite ineffective at stopping bots from using forms, and it might be a nice little detail which makes for a more pleasant user experience. It seems the old system with the scrambled patterns seems to be getting easier for bots and harder for humans.
Working...
X