products missing in product feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

none of them showed the missing products or sections in the feed
    The purpose of my diagnostic code wasn't to repair the missing stuff.

You were meant to look in the generated feed for (Missing Section Name) and report if you see it or not.

Norman how do I generate the feed to see that??
    Upload and It's online at http://www.sumpsandpumpsdirect.co.uk...e-products.xml - use the browsers View Source command to see the raw data.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

No Norman, I didn't see it.

Jan, I've download that, how do I run the site through it, lots of options there.
      Reverse Osmosis Water Filters

Comment

ahhh your mash sees them products if I click on view output.

if I click on show errors it only show a couple of products (that im not bothered about) with this..
        Product added but 'description' truncated, max allowed size is 1000

So your mash is adding the missing products fine

Comment

If you did this:- Just after <actinic:block type="EntireSectionList"> add the following
          Code:
          (<actinic:variable name="SectionName" />)
          Now create the feed and look at the generated text and see if your missing section names appear in brackets.

And report that you don't see the missing Section Names in the Source Code of the feed, then that would imply that the SellerDeck database is at fault.

To double-check that here's a tiny bit of code that you can temporarily put into a Fragment or Product description. Then preview that product and see if the troublesome Section name is showing.
          Code:
          !!<<actinic:block type="EntireSectionList"><actinic:variable name="SectionName" /><br></actinic:block>>!!
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

You are not going to believe this........

It was due to an apostrophe!!!!

My feed uses meta description in place of description. and in the meta description on one product the apostrophe in it's word was throwing the whole thing out.

I've removed this and now the feed is seeing all the products, but how weird that is was something that silly.

I want to thank you all for your help and time on this, but sellerdeck themselves came through and got this sorted.

Comment

Working...
            X