Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy last one - then says out of stock - customers confused

Hi
    We have online stock enabled. On quite a few occasions I have had customers call in a frustrated state to say they just bought something, and then the site says Out Of Stock.

Of course, what is happening is they are buying the LAST ONE, completing checkout, and then being redirected to the product page where the product now says Out Of Stock.

I agree this is a little confusing. Today a customer called to say when this happened they were confused, assumed it had not gone through and so bought from elsewhere and only called me when they got tracking though for our delivery. Zzzzzz

Can the bounce from the receipt page be changed to go back to the home page rather than the last product viewed, on the assumption this might ease some of this type of call (they won;t see the stock message IMMEDIATELY unless they look for the product again).

Any thoughts ?

It's in the Knowledge Base: http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?p=289379
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I've had similar experiences from customers and do wonder if we should maybe make the out of stock messages a bit smarter.

I'm thinking of changes the message from the Real Times Stock Control to say 'Last One just Sold' but still having the sellerdeck layout saying 'Out of Stock'
      This way the site will say 'Last One Just Sold' until I do a site update after which it will say 'Out of Stock'. Hopefully any returning customers will realise it was them that just bought the last one.

As a side benefit it will also make the site appear more dynamic and maybe give customers a little feeling of urgency to buy before the same thing happens to them.
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
      X