Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Account Refund (Credit) gets allocated as Debit...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Account Refund (Credit) gets allocated as Debit...

The scenario.
    Account customer has transaction of £200 value put on his account, which was at £0.00.
    Account customer then returns £45 of value of goods.
    Refund the customers account by selecting "Refund on Account", select the customer, then enter £45 choosing the payment method "credit".

After doing Z read, go to "customers" menu from main dashboard screen.
    Select customer in question. Click on "Accounts" tab and the following is shown... why is the credit entered as a debit?

Date Time: Description Transaction No Debit Credit Cashier TillID Note Status
    30/05/2008 16:37 Account Debit 151 45.00 0.00 James 1
    30/05/2008 16:34 Account Debit 150 200.00 0.00 James 1

Then click on the Purchases Tab and the following is shown:

Till Date Tx No ProductCode Description Retail Quantity LineTotal User SerialNumber CustomerID LineNote:
    1 30/05/2008 150 200 Board (2008) 200.00 2 200.00 James 1-4
    1 30/05/2008 151 None Account Refund -45.00 1 -45.00 James 1-4

However, when looking at the outstanding balance it shows -245.00.

Somebody mucked up in a very VERY simple way when writing this software.

We have stopped using the account feature as it is so unreliable it defies belief. Actinic have said that all issues will be sorted in the next, imminent release, but I feel it is very poor considering it is a very basic operation of any business to use accounts and the software is not exactly new is it?

Comment

Hi James,

I can confirm that in the new version a refund on account will be listed as a credit.
      Tracey
      SellerDeck

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyG View Post
        Hi James,

I can confirm that in the new version a refund on account will be listed as a credit.

Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended).

The Act provides that wherever goods are bought they must “conform to contract”. This means that items sold by businesses must be:

* of "satisfactory quality";
        * "as described"; and
        * "fit for purpose".

Think the 3rd point should be highlighted here, as the Epos is quite clearly not fit for purpose, when such a simple task as getting credit and debit right seems beyond the capabilities of the software, at revision 2.92.

Comment

That is exactly why I am not buying this software. We would have to use accounts for taking deposits from customers and the accounts section is one of the most unuserfriendly I have seen. I have tried it and the till shows up a balance paid and also the full amount showing all at the same time.

Who on earth helped to design this system from a users point of view I don't know. Offer of consultancy to help you re-design it still stands!

Comment

Working...
          X