"Price in British Pounds"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Price in British Pounds"

That phrase appears in the Customer text email: Shopping Basket (Prices in British Pounds)

Can anyone point me to where I might get rid of that?

I would also like to remove some of the formatting in the email e.g. the wholly unnecessary and responsive-busting ======================================================================

I know these details come from CartOnlineXML but it's high time they were made available to us users. Sellerdeck still looks like it was designed 20 years ago for B2B, not retail.
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

The phrase appears to be in a variable called CartOnlineXML

This, according to the variable help, can be found :

Place of Setting: Format from 'Design | Text | Website | E-mails'

but I'll be blowed if I can find that!

Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
    SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
    Based in rural Northants

Comment

In the 'Setup' table in Access there is a field for the 'Default Currency of purchase', which has 'British Pounds' in it.

I initially thought this was set in Business Settings/Currency Settings/Currency - but that didn't change the value in the Setup table.

You could try backing up and then changing the value in the table to something else and see if it changes in the CartOnlineXML file.

'British Pounds' may also exist in other tables in the database but I didn't search any further.

Norman might know...

Comment

A phrase like "British Pounds" is unlikely to be directly coded into a Variable or Layout. It's likely to be one of many in a database table as Duncan points out.

My test was to look in ActinicCatalog.mdb / currencies table and change the first entry to STERLING. Sure enough STERLING now shows up in Settings / Business Settings / Options / Currency Settings / Currency. And it now appears in A000.cat which contains all the global variables use by the Cart scripts.

I'm not sure how this relates to the "British Pounds" entry in the Setup table that Duncan pointed out so it may be a good idea to change that too.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Pretty sure it's in UserDefinedProperties, sValue.

I will eliminate it there as well as making the other changes Duncan and Norman have suggested. Onwards!
          Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Hmm. Email still says "Prices in" but at least now has GBP instead of "British pounds".

Will keep looking ...

Comment

Try changing these two lines as per attached.
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for that Duncan. Unfortunately it doesn't change the text in the Customer text email.

Comment

Changing a variables definition may not change an already set value for it.

You may have to change Receipt Currency Label in Settings / Site Options / General / Site.
                  Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                  Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Norman - yes that is set to GBP and GBP does indeed appear in the customer email now I've changed the table as you and Duncan suggested. It's the "Prices in" which I now want to get rid of. I'll keep looking

Comment

I thought that removing 'Prices in ' from 'Prices in %s' to leave just '%s' would leave the variable value only without the preceding text. My understanding might be wrong then.

Comment

I thought it would too, Duncan. Unfortunately not.

Comment

Working...
                        X