Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing www

Can't figure this one out.
    In Chrome, doing a search for "Megapro plates" show us on top of the organic results, but the link is missing the "www" in front , and the link fails because of this.
    Any ideas.

Checked the same in "Bing" and it works fine.

Thanks
    Dave
    www.baypressservices.com

Make sure your Network Setup includes www in the links. Add a .htaccess on your server with a redirect.
    Peblaco

Comment

Originally posted by Daveb View Post
      Can't figure this one out.
      In Chrome, doing a search for "Megapro plates" show us on top of the organic results, but the link is missing the "www" in front , and the link fails because of this.
      Any ideas.

Checked the same in "Bing" and it works fine.

Thanks
      Dave
      Dave,

The non-www link worked fine for me in Chrome. If you Google (Chrome) your site (simply enter "site:baypresservices.com" with and with the www) you get 1410 results without www and 304 pages with the www domain, so you probably do need to settle on one or the other.

As Peblaco said you can update your .htaccess file to direct traffic to either. If you want to use the non-www domain add this code to your .htaccess file:

RewriteEngine On
      RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^my-domain\.com$ [NC]
      RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://baypressservices.com/$1 [R=301,L]

If you have access to Google webmaster tools, this link explains how to tell Google your preferred domain version you want them to use.

HTH.
      Terence
      Sellerdeck Website Design & Customisation
      onestop-webshop.co.uk

Comment

Thank You both.
        It ended up being the DNS on our local server.
        The hint was that the problem was seen here locally, and as I saw in both of your responses, not outside our building.

Again
        Thanks
        Dave
        www.baypressservices.com

Comment

Working...
        X