Free Shipping Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free Shipping Problem

When setting up discounts in the Marketing tab, you have the options of price including VAT or not. However, in Shipping, if you tick for free shipping for above £75, for example, there is no such option. Sellerdeck is basing the £75 trigger on the Sub-Total in the cart, the price of the goods without VAT. We sell direct to the public, and they expect the £75 to be the total including VAT, which is how they see the prices on the product pages. We are getting a number of complaints from customers as they say we haven't given them their free carriage when they spent more than £75. We have explained this in our T & C and in Despatch & Delivery, but few people read anything. Does anybody know of a solution? Alternatively, I may be able to change the Sellerdeck words in the Cart/Checkout to "Sub-Total" rather than "Order" for the free carriage.

Sarah

I think the simplest solution is to just change the value you're setting as 'Free Over' to the ex-vat value.

So, in your case, £75 inc VAT is £62.50 ex-vat (£75 / 1.2).

Mike

PS. Or maybe set it to £62.49 so customers don't complain if there's a penny difference and they still haven't got their free delivery.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Problem with that

Thanks Mike for the suggestion. However, our products are a mixture of zero rated and standard rated. With your suggestion, people buying all zero rated goods would get the discount for spending only £62.50 or £62.49 in total.

Sarah

Comment

OK. The other option, which will work and is how I do it, is to enter your prices inclusive of VAT.

Then there's no messing about at all.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Working...
        X